Earthsatter got fixed. What about Doomfist's Seismic Slam

Reinhardt

Earthshatter
Now will consistently hit enemies near walls
No longer will hit enemies that enter the damage cone after the “wave” has passed that area
No longer will damage enemies behind barriers blocking it, even if the barrier is later dropped or destroyed
Will always travel up inclines and around the payload
Developer Comments: We’ve given Earthshatter a complete overhaul to combat inconsistencies with its performance. These changes will make Earthshatter’s behavior more predictable and effective.

Didn’t they say Slam and Earthshatter share code? Why didn’t they apply these fixes to Doomfist too? Both abilities have the same bugs.

4 Likes

I can know where you found the patch notes please?

Thank you a lot!! <3

rein’s shatter isn’t fixed, it’s the animation that changed, nothing else.

Reinhardt

Earthshatter

Now will consistently hit enemies near walls

No longer will hit enemies that enter the damage cone after the “wave” has passed that area

No longer will damage enemies behind barriers blocking it, even if the barrier is later dropped or destroyed

Will always travel up inclines and around the payload

Developer Comments: We’ve given Earthshatter a complete overhaul to combat inconsistencies with its performance. These changes will make Earthshatter’s behavior more predictable and effective.

???

2 Likes

they also said they fixed sliders… don’t believe everything the devs say they do.

Is it fixed though? Previous experience tells me as many new things are as likely to get broken as old ones get fixed…

1 Like

Have you tested it yourself or are you just being Mr. Negative? Already a bunch of tests on PTR confirming the changes.

4 Likes

Oooh it’s on the PTR right now. My bad i thought you meant it was live. well I play console so I don’t get ptr so I’ll have to wait for this next round to go live. but I am looking forward to the improved shatter.

The patch notes clearly suggest it’s more than just a visual overhaul. What are you on about?

1 Like

you should read things before asking questions like that. I already said I thought he was talking about it being on live and not ptr.

I understand your confusion. There’s a reason why posts like these talking about PTR changes belong on the PTR Feedback subforum and not on General Discussion. But what I don’t understand is even though you talk about reading things before saying stuff, you clearly didn’t read yourself because you originally replied to this topic with a link to the latest PTR patch notes already existing in the replies after somebody specifically asked for it.

Nice icon, by the way.

Considering that they reworked shatter entirely, it’s likely they don’t share code anymore (if they ever did).

They did share code, that’s why both abilities have the same exact bugs.

Being snarky after failing to do that exact thing makes you look silly.

I know you already caught the mistake, but then to turn around and say something like that to someone else is poor taste.

1 Like

it was already explained that I thought those notes were for the patch that just went live and I didn’t expect there to be new stuff on PTR already. Secondly The person I was replying to about reading things was because he didn’t read the posts to the whole thread and see that later on I actually stated what he was attacking me about. Not for reading only part of a single post in the thread.

look at the OP, does it say that stuff about earth shatter is on current PTR or Live? It doesn’t only person who said it was on Ptr was OP and I thought they meant the last ptr that just went live and I didn’t realize there was already stuff on PTR again. Secondly I was commenting on how the person didn’t read the whole thread to see my next post explaining how i thought it was live and not a new thing on ptr already.

Come with me brother. We can wallow in our tears together.

1 Like

and talk about how nice it must be to have an in match text chat! =-(

1 Like