The overmoji café: re

Here’s some manga recommendations that i feel like posting to whoever reads them, i don’t know why, i just feel like posting them

Akira (manga/anime movie)
Ancient magus bride (manga/anime)
A Silent voice (manga/anime movie)
Barakamon (manga/anime)
Erased (manga/anime)
The flowers of evil (manga)
Golden kamuy (manga/iffy anime adaptation)
Goodnight punpun (manga)
Monster (manga/anime)
Pluto (manga)

For feedback i think the head is too small in comparison to the rest of the body.

1 Like

I noticed that, and it’s been bugging me out since I realized it… It’s too late to fix it though.
But I did get featured in the Kill la Kill Amino, so that’s a plus.
(For those of you who don’t know: Getting featured in an Amino gets your drawing to the front page.)

1 Like

I am happy to hear you finally got an answer! Also Happy Birthday Jaza!

:blush::birthday:

1 Like

Happy birthday, Jazazamine! I have never seen you before, but I do hope you’re having a splendid day so far. :raised_hands:

Happy birthday jazzamine!

1 Like

If I belong there, you belong there :stuck_out_tongue:

You are.

Hey, join back or not… I wanna see your art :innocent:

3 Likes

I can’t read any of this on mobile. Great job Blizzard.

2 Likes

Try reading it when you get to your PC ^^

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too sure.
Despite the fact you’re a mod, you’re also quite the confidant…
I’m sure you know your worth by now, or at least you should.
I, on the other hand, am nothing but a lurking shadow.

I figured.

Eh I guess I can post it here… there are no rules against it as far as I know.

1 Like

Here’s one for you… Welp, the line-art anyways.
Twas originally for inktober and was based off the spider queen skin leak. That was how far I got before the actual spider skin was revealed. (I started the day before)

Being myself, I never pass up the chance to color digitally so I kinda screwed the inktober thing and straight up colored it.

That’s the somewhat end product (I never truly finish anything)
Got finished a day before the event dropped, but added the background despite it kinda killing my shading, cause I just didn’t want to leave it white.

8 Likes

I definitely like your design better, although I’d love to see widow with white/purple hair.

1 Like

that’s quite good

It’s your phone. It doesn’t have the font, blame your mobile device.

this looks incredibly similar to a widowmaker piece I’ve seen before :thinking:
It looks a lot similar to SakimiChan’s Black Lily Widowmaker artwork, reference? hopefully it is :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks and that would be interesting…

Danke.

I suppose… /shrug

Hmm it maybe. I use a lot of references when I draw. (poses especially) I even used some straight from the game itself.
For instance the shoes/part of the gun is inspired by her black lily skin and the pose is inspired by her ‘swinging into action’ highlight intro but reversed.
In total I used eight different references for her skin coloring, three of them also from the game, so she’s a little bit of everything.
However, the dress design is all mine~ except the the lace-like embroidery~ that literally came from a lace place-mat.
/shrug

Despite the massive resemblence to Sakimichan’s WidowMaker piece? Not only that, but the highlight intro you’re talking about has no similarities to your artwork whatsoever.

edit: Uh, rlly? You had to trace the piece??? Not only that, but you’re tracing from the most well known artist at the moment? I know art is hard, I’m an artist myself… posing & learning anatomy is incredibly hard and takes a lot of consistency, This would’ve been perfectly fine if you used this as a reference and said who you referenced it from in the first place.

But you are not doing yourself any good by tracing this piece and then, redistributing it as if it’s yours, then proceeding to lie and say you used a highlight intro that literally has no resemblance to your art as an excuse.

First off I didn’t trace anything. Tbph, I don’t know how to in the first place.
Yes I used the pose, but it took me 6 hours to draw it.

But I also used this pose (albeit mostly for the gun and upper torso) and several other references.
Let me also make myself clear, I. don’t. lie.
Literally everything in this drawing (except the background as that is chateau guillard) I drew, as in painting, shading, and highlighting.
But hey, you believe whatever you want.

1 Like

Really? The overlays I recently did on your piece and sakimichan’s piece says otherwise, It’s so obvious like… stop lying, It’ll only make things worse. I don’t lie either, I don’t blatantly accuse someone of something without any evidence, Unlike you I can’t post pictures, but if you want me to write my imgur name and show you the album containing all the lines that match up with her piece and yours, I’ll gladly do it.

It’s so funny how this artist has so many people that trace her work, When she gladly offers so many tutorials & free ones as well for beginners to learn from lul

edit: “Yes I used the pose, but it took me 6 hours to draw it.” So you’re telling me, you managed to create a piece of work, that has such similar consistency in terms of lines, to an artist’s piece who has 10 years of experience? You’re not serious right?

If you want to believe I traced her work then go right ahead, and I know about her tutorials as I’ve watch every one.
And yes that’s what I’m telling you. I myself have 5 years come tuesday of drawing experience under my own belt.

I was a traditional artist long before I started digital art, and I know a thing or two about making lines consistent.

Here’s an example of my traditional art from 4 years ago… But you probably think I traced that too right?

1 Like