"Dva will be useless."

Oh hey, I just noticed:

So perfectly averaged balancing isn’t possible, except when D.Va’s below the actual averages?

3 Likes

You say “permanent mini-fortify” as if it did more than just slightly reduce the amount he’s moved by CC, by not even a third. Unlike Fortify doesn’t effect any stuns at all. Sorta a huge difference between your implication and reality there mate.

Not to mention it’s more of a QoL buff than anything, and people have been asking for it for well over a year, even while Rein was still meta. It’s not gonna change anything about the meta, and it was never intended to. It’s just so the main frontline “push with me” tank is no longer a German ping pong ball.

Since we’re talking about this week in GM, I’d like to point out that Orisa is currently sitting at a 14.37% pickrate (highest possible is 16.6) and has a 57% winrate.

That is objectively better than even launch Brig ever was, who everyone screamed and cried over such stats. You wanna talk about favoritism, then start talking about why no one is begging for major Orisa nerfs, because even if it’s “just the meta” that is still an obscene level for stats, and could easily withstand more attention than a single second addition to her shield CD.

Slight difference in power between getting your Ultimate reduced by 33% and your right click. Especially when most of your power is balanced around said ultimate and not an ability you have up every 2 seconds.

Gonna need some more context for that one mate. “Looking at” might not mean what you think it means.

Remember, they were also “looking at” other heroes such as Torb, Sombra, and post-rework Mercy, all of which ended up differently with different approaches.

Mind if I ask what you two are referring to? I’m not seeing anything that has to do with Zarya on the PTR. I’m seeing a minor buff for D.Va but not Zarya.

They are making beams in general more consistent damage wise again. Mainly for sym but Zarya is getting this as well. Someone made a topic about it but probably is buried by now.

1 Like

I see.

Like you said in your own post before, context is important. It’s not even meant for her, so why bring it up as if the devs are focusing on making her stronger?

Because it’s still an indirect buff ?
A pretty big one at that, and not the first one this year.

1 Like

It’s a change that makes him objectively better than he was before it. If Orisa being able to shield while reloading isn’t “just QoL”, then no way this is.

And yes people have been asking for it even when he was still meta. I fail to see how that equals it being a better idea. Kind of just reinforces my “Buffs the minute his position as #1 barrier tank gets threatened” point.

I’ve not only seen plenty of threads asking that, I’ve seen plenty of threads from before that 1-sec nerf being announced being bumped with requests for more. And let me also add that last I checked they didn’t respond to launch Brig by buffing other Healers to compete with her.

If it really is just Orisa being OP, then just nerf her.

…I was actually referring to her RMB splash nerf. It went from 3 meters to 2 meters, and then got walked back to 2.5 meters.

And let me just preemptively add that this buff is certainly something that comes up more often than “D.Va aiming DM downwards while moving”

2 Likes

I’m just saying how you present it matters.

I can say “Zarya is getting buffed” and it sounds like the devs want Zarya to be stronger because she’s too weak at the moment.

Or I can say “Zarya is getting a bug fixed which may make her stronger, but she’ll likely get nerfed afterwards if that’s the case.”

Two completely different ways of stating the exact same facts.

Dva hasnt needed a nerf since 2017’s matrix/missiles changes.

-a widow main that never dies to a dva anymore.

She does potato damage unless she catches you without grapple or severely out of position where grappling away won’t save you, and you stay in shotgun range for far too long.

Idk why people still think she’s so OP.

5 Likes

The worst complaint I’ve ever heard about D.Va is that she eats ults. As if she’s the only one. You know what also stops the vast majority of ults? Any barrier. Defense matrix is just D.Va’s version of a barrier and people can’t understand this. Why are barriers OK but defense matrix isn’t?

And that’s not even the only thing that stops ults. Any stun, knockback, or disable will ruin a lot of ults. Now that D.Va is useless, I play mostly Roadhog. Whenever I hear “it’s high noon” or “I’ve got you in my sights” etc. you know what happens? They get hooked, lose their ult, and die. But when D.Va eats it, all the OWL watchers come to the forums to whine about how broken that is.

So again, why is it OK that other characters can stop ults, but not OK for D.Va?

10 Likes

If she dives in to bullylike she used to, chances are she’s coming out as Pilot Dva.

The damage on the missiles are absolutely pitifiul. Not even the best players are able to consistently hit with all 12, and when they do, the damage output is hardly greater than a single 76 rocket. Miss with one missile and the damage is below that.

I think with 2-2-2 coming, Dva will be better off. I have a lot of problems playing her on live because I’m always out of the meka, but when I am backed up by another tank and two healers, then it’s way better. She’s probably, for the most part balanaced.

It’s just, I think her survavaibly could be improved slightly.

On a side note, I don’t really care for these discussions on “meta.” It seems people have a bias based on what hero’s they want to play against. Otherwise, why are Zen and Ana okay?

My point is that its not like Zarya is not getting help to aid her even if it’s a small. And just because it’s not for her specfically doesn’t mean she can’t gain something out of it.

And more importantly I think Zarya is more in trouble because the state of other charcters more so than her own stuff. Don’t get me wrong I do think she could use some tweaks for the better but the number one change that would help her is Wreckingball, Winston and Reinhardt to be seen more as she has more synergy with them than Orissa and synergy matters alot. That is more of the Zarya specfic problem than anything else.

For sake of argument, she does have a very high damage output.
Problem is shotguns aren’t always reliable, especially at range.
but she does hurt if you do the melee,boost,melee plus shoot combo while also using her missiles.

It’s not crazy OP, but it’s not weak enough for dismissal.

Her damage output isn’t the issue. Survivability is a problem. Dive is weak right now and all of her counters have been buffed. D.Va has a hard time doing her job in the Orisa/Hog meta. She takes a ton of damage flying in, loses defense matrix to hook, then loses whatever HP she had left. If she hangs back she’s a liability to her team because she can’t counter Orisa’s ranged damage.

I’m aware, but it’s not nothing like the post was making it out to be.
Missiles alone? don’t do a lot, Missiles with the rest of her kit that she can use While using missiles? Yeah that’s effective in a fight.

Yes.

She’s definitely not in a great spot right now.

Your not wrong, but I whole heartedly disagree with you.

The reason for this, is that your describing a scenario where Dva has to hit every button on the keyboard simotaniously - just to kill a 200 hp squishy. We’re talking about fusion cannons going, missiles blasting, boosting into the target… and not one, but two melee attacks, because putting every ability on cooldown and only reducers the target by 75% of their hp value.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: no other hero in the game has to push every single button on their keyboard AND do 2 melee attacks just to kill a squishy. So why must Dva?

4 Likes

The matrix nerf was far too harsh. I didn’t think it was needed in the first place. That said, if it had to be nerfed, it shouldn’t have been nerfed as much as it was. It’s so unreliable now.

She needs a compensation buff.

I do not think we should use OWL players and D.Va’s usage in the pro leagues as an argument for her balance in the competitive ladder.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: D.va needs 300 health 300 armor. She should not be flying a mech made out of wet cardboard.

4 Likes

At this point I think it is psychological. With barriers you see them get hit and start to crack, but with DM it is just “plink” and they are gone. I think it messes with peoples minds or something.

6 Likes

…Yes.

you’re a shotgun hero, that doesn’t mean you should be spraying on everyone, you focus fire…

But considering your stance on her missiles alone I know already there is no reasoning with you.

Dva hurts at close range, she’s weak at far (Like literally any shotgun hero)
using missiles + boost + her primary is something people have been doing since 2017, (you don’t even need the melee, it’s just possible to do for more damage.) It’s not anybody’s fault but your own if you haven’t learned yet.

Dva was already more dps than a tank. Like roadhog.
With Hog back in meta, she isnt giving that much usage, but be honest, she is used more than rein or zarya who is really off meta