D.Va | Revert Goats nerfs

Honestly, after playing the “new” uppercut, the difference is not really worth noting. The old .5 second nerf was unacceptable, but this .35 nerf isn’t TOO bad. It’s just a slight change to allow for heroes like Ana and Zen to have a window of reaction time before getting blasted to pieces.

However… Punch botting needs a HARD nerf. It’s the only thing that’s truly OP about Doom’s kit (250 hours on the hero and I outright refuse to play like that), and I would rather have a hero that relies on good positioning and key rollouts, over one that right clicks a bit.

1 Like

Press X to doubt. Double shield Mei is by far the most enfuriating meta. Anyone can run this at any rank.

1 Like

At two ranks, yup.

I used to hate Moth meta the most, followed closely by 1st edition bunker in Season 8. Now… this meta? This has made me stop playing comp entirely.

Bold assumption that the devs actually revert anything in this game.

The hog that was the offtank in bunker meta and the zarya who has remained as carry hero since goats and since they buffed her energy decay, still second most used tank overall in ladder? You got some weird ideas of joke heroes man while putting the actual joke heroes on some pedestal.

Said joke heroes also survive, block, damage and kill people better than dva does.

Don’t need to go to high ground if you can just plop a barrier in front of all the snipers, which apparently worked pretty fine for doublebarrier. And there are far better heroes to contest high ground than dva.

4 Likes

Dive is only bad if you can’t counter it. Funny.

Hate to agree…

The only changes I’ve seen reverted are two: the Recent Doomfist nerf, and the OLD Ana self heal nerf about 2 years ago (nade heals 50, down from 100).

Community backlash causes these things to get nerfed/reverted/buffed, and a lot of people hated these two specific changes.

Same could happen with DPS over time, but the game needs a good 2 weeks worth of data before the devs can truly make changes for the HEALTH of the game.

1 Like

Fair, but I dont mean literal revert (other than multifreeze which is unacceptable)

Hard disagree with this. Zarya died when Rein died as a MT which was pretty much ever since GOATs died on ladder/the introduction of 2-2-2. Hog now just gets shutdown by Sigma these days, hes pretty useless unless theyre on Ball + Winston.

Not a good comparison since this means you have no barrier for the frontline.

Like Genji (LOL), Tracer is decent although not very direct, hanzo can but hes OP, Mei can to an extent but shes OP, Reaper can but hes also too strong, Bap can (kinda) but hes also too strong.

Ball and Winston are the only balanced heroes who can, and they arent even run on maps with high ground

2nd life? Lol… mid battle you will get instantly melted. Late battle you would get staggered. It’s faster to die or jump off the map and respawn.

3 Likes

Dva is what I like to call a “cancer check” hero. Like when she’s good, she can reduce the effectiveness of cancer heroes like Widow and Hanzo, and that’s more fun for everyone.

3 Likes

even if d.va was good and the best tank there is…it wouldnt be healthy as long as hanzo remains untouched it wont be healthy.

1 Like

You dont even know that dooms nerf was a bit reverted to .35, it still feels the same and its still as oppresive as he was

I know it was. He’s become complete trash at GM

Mmmm ability eaten every time I use it

Yeah… no.

That’s an opinion you are not gonna pass it as a fact.

1 Like

Yeah by being more cancer than all the cancer heroes combined.

No point touching the healthpool if the critbox only gets a size reduction.
It’s center mass and always exposed when she does her job, that’s the problem. So long as it exists and gives double damage, 600HP is necessary.
Reducing the size is too situational of a change in her case. Hanzo, Widow, McCree or Soldier for example wouldn’t be affected much by a size reduction.

Now, if you make it less rewarding, reducing total HP makes sense. It affects every hero who can deal critical damage. Then it’s a matter of rebalancing around who she is good against or not.

For example: 100/400 with no critbox is a net buff against 19 heroes (heroes who can headshot), but a net nerf against 11 (beams, melee and explosives). Mei is affected differently depending which weapon she uses.
Cool spreadsheet: https://i.imgur.com/XNrr2xe.png

3 Likes

Dva is like Stage 1 cancer. Widow and Hanzo are full-on terminal Stage 4.

You’re a Hanzo main your opinion to your OP hero is obviously biased

these comments got me laughing

1 Like

I want goats heroes nerfs to be reverted especially brigitte and reverting the satans mei and reaper to their original state pre goats