D.Va Buff Test - Test ended - see Feedback

Hey everyone,

As recently seen, Principal Designer Josh Noh posted to the forums teasing possible changes to D.Va’s booster cooldown to 3 seconds (originally 5 seconds).

While there may be more refined adjustments to D.Va in the upcoming PTR patch, I have set up a live skirmish lobby on the U.S. West servers. (Standard Competitive Ruleset), join me to see how much of an impact this change is! (Note I will be recording any played matches for potenial publication on my YouTube Channel.)

===

Update: the test has ended for now. Couldn’t really get anyone to join me so it was mostly playing against bots. The one thing I really like is that D.Va has a lot more mobility especially if you cancel boosts early. I use a weird control scheme for D.Va (mainly because of her patch 1.0 toolkit before the 1.1 rework), so I tend to jump around like crazy with boosts but will control my landing by cancelling by doing a melee. By doing short bursts with the 3 second cooldown, her peel potenial is really strong. It will be interesting to see how this change plays out if it hits the PTR.

5 Likes

So far playing against bots, I noticed that D.Va can be a lot more bullish with a 3 second cooldown. However, the bots aren’t being very punishing.

1 Like

Oh that’s perfect, invite DarthWinston.

The game is public. Just look for it in the browser.

Sounds ok. If you get booped trying to dive the punishment isn’t so severe it seems like.

1 Like

So far the biggest thing I noticing is that if you like to do short burst jumps like I do (canceling the boost early by doing a melee). It really enables D.Va to pounce like crazy on enemies.

Granted I’m only playing against bots right now so I’m still not able to get any effective experience

1 Like

I meant invite them to the thread. Don’t worry, i took care of it

I have learned one thing though. Bots are stuuuuuuuuuupid sometimes. Pin a Zayra into a hard corner, then used self-destruct.

just make her bunny hop sideways and backwards at a cost of boost gauge.

How’d it go? room was full then got pulled into arenas.

I am guessing that they might1 modify the distance she will be allowed to travel per boost if they bring the cooldown to 3 seconds: further distance over a long period of time, but being more about quick, short bursts.

I updated my thoughts from my tests in the starting posting. Now working on a video explaining more.

Yeeeeeaaaah boiiiii! I kept saying her boosters were what needed a buff, and people called me a fool and spit in my face. Okay nobody called me a fool or spit in my face, but imagine if they did. Would be pretty crazy, right?

1 Like

Yeah my bro was like
“They won’t touch anything else so buff boosters”
And i was like
confused octopus face
And I guess the devs were like
“Dat boi a prophet”

2 Likes

I wish I had been home from work 3 hours earlier! I have only been gone for half an hour so I missed the test phase.

Maybe you should try again during peak hours?

Maybe. However, I think it is say to say the PTR will be updated soon anyways. This was just a one-off chance to see what it could be like before such a change hits the PTR.

On a side note everyone. Did get the video finished and upload, but since I don’t want to over saturate my subs, it will go live early in the morning tomorrow. So you guys will be able to hear more of my thoughts on it and see the custom game test I ran in action.

I would have joined you if I saw sooner sorry no one really joined !