Dva being in the Overwatch story in Ow2

You know how we saw some gameplay of overwatch 2? Like how lucio was introduced by already defending his city and overwatch showed up in rio. Personally I think this will be the same with Dva. Maybe even of we get the other Mecha squad we can get introduced to them

Or have them be a sperate part where you pick out of the Mecha squad

1 Like

I imagine it will be something like that, but I’m hoping the structure will be a bit deeper than the “Overwatch crew goes place to place and meets new friends along the way” structure I’ve been assuming it will be like.

1 Like

She might fight at Overwatch’s side to fight the Gwishin, but she will probably stay in Korea to defend her country after they are defeated

2 Likes

I hope D.va’s ‘chapter’ in OW2 let’s us fight that big kaiju mech we’ve seen a couple times, maybe once that’s gone D.va would be able to join Overwatch.

1 Like

At about 1:13, a map of the world is shown with different locations. Rio de Janeiro and Busan are the only two places shown with a Null Sector icon. Since we know the Rio mission involves LĂșcio fighting Null Sector, it is safe to assume Busan will follow a similar structure with D.Va fighting Null Sector (and hopefully the Gwishin).

4 Likes

One thing I have noticed, (while may not relevant to OW2 in any way,) was that Sombra, Lucio and D.Va seemed to all have had a lot of updated voicelines in the most recent patch. For example, D.Va now mentions Daehyun when getting out of Tokki from damage input, and she also mentions King in an interaction. These were new as far as I know so there could be a correlated connection between OW2 and D.Va’s new interactions.

While again, many can argue they were due for more interactions, which is true, the fact however is that they also have battle interactions as well, with different dialogue for killing an enemy is interesting and doesn’t always happen from what I know? Sombra and Lucio are ones I’ve noticed who have also had a big increase in certain dialogue interactions, Sombra especially.

We know Lucio will be playing a major role in OW 2 because of Rio being one of the main maps as you have said prior, and Bussan and Dorado are also both on there, with ironically, those three heroes getting updates to their interactions.

We are one month away from Blizzcon and OW2 news might be presented likely, so it may link to it somehow? This could be a far fetched theory though but at the same time, I see relevance in it.

2 Likes

do you remember when we saw the OW map changes when the new heroes arrive? eichenwalde at sunset was seen on two occasions:

• presentation of brigitte with fireplace on the presentation trailer;
  • genji showing the dragonblade talent in OW2;

my theory is that we will see oasis at night (Moira introducing), the different lighting effects of King’s row (Tracer comic challenge) or anubis (ana bastet) will arrive in Overwatch.

note: suravasa may have been seen in Symmetra challenge, the map with the giant ring in OW2 trailer

1 Like

That would be sooooo rad :blush:

I think campaing will be more of “Reformed Overwatch try to stop advancments of Null sector and just happen key elements will be in places where Phara, D.va and Orisa - operates”. Of course itbwould be too repetetive so we might get some interludes with Talon missions or agnist them.

Or they could have 2 campaings where we play as Overwatch agnist Null sector and Talon agnist other faction.

There is possibility there will be payed DLC campaings that expand upon mentioned one.

At this time we can only speculate and wait for BlizzConline.

1 Like

So this maybe evidence to conclude we will possibly be seeing the other Mecha heroes in Ow2. This is nice.

1 Like

Definite possibility! We don’t know what heroes will be in this new game, so they have just as good a shot as anyone else I’d say :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

well dae-hyun (her mechanic and friend from the “shooting star” animated short) has been mentioned in a few voicelines lately which makes me think he will appear in the story of OW2 alongside DVa

What if he becomes a support hero that heals shields

a mechanic as a support hero? makes sense to me! he could be the brigitte to Dva’s Reindhart

Yes! Thank you! Someone gets it

I still think dae-hyun will have an NPC role in OW2, kind of like Efi could have. as seen on Maximilien in storm rising, characters visible in game but not playable.

1 Like

oh yeah even if he’s not playable he will 100% be in the game as NPC, he’ll obviously appear in the story when D.Va does

if he proves poplar though then maybe a few years after OW2 launches they could make him playable