Dual monitors w/ nividia 1080 HELP MEE

How do I set this up?

I have 2 monitors hooked up to a hdmi splitter both running hdmi.

Both are connected to the computer but my computer only can find 1 display so both monitors are projecting the same thing.

Can I use 2 hdmi for dual video? my computer does not have a VGA so…

I don’t understand what im doing wrong :frowning:

Use display port, not hdmi imo, if you can. I’ve had all sorts of issues getting hdmi to recognize properly while display port has almost always worked out of the box.

The simplest way though if you’re set on hdmi is to use an individual cord for each monitor if your card has the ports.

As much as you need help, this is not the place you should search for it (for your situation…)

This is not related to OW.
I’m sure you can find help on the internet (not here) tho! Good luck :slight_smile:

Though I understand this is not exactly Overwatch related, still doesn’t mean people can’t help them. This is a friendly forum atmosphere and we should all try to help out when and if we can.

Besides, OP isn’t hurting anyone, are they? Just wanting some help.

The monitors need to be both plugged into the GPU. Plug them both into the GPU using the HDMI. It isn’t like a TV where each HDMI input is a different source that you switch between.

The splitter only duplicates one image on to the other.

This would just send the same signal to both monitors at best. Each monitor needs to be plugged into it’s own port on your graphics card. Also, if you absolutely have to use HDMI, make sure it’s a new generation cable… I think it’s 2.1 at the moment.

w/o a vga, even if you could run dual 1080p monitors you would play with 20fps. whats the point?

Yeah like I said

Sad but true, you can’t disobey the rules that the mods gave to the forums :confused:

use multiple cords like an HDMi and a DVI or VGA

however if your planning to spread the game across both monitors then forget it you’ll need 3 monitors for that, 2 monitors is only good for having a game open on one while browsing the web or something on the other

1 Like

Im asking for help on a setup that im playing overwatch on.

chill your grill moderator mike.