Drop hack is real and rampant

so there is a new drop hack out, it will cause your game to stop like a ctd.
I have encountered this atleast 4 times in the past 2 weeks.

two different times it was in a skirmish where i started attacking the enemy players standing still, i guess they saw it as rude and decided to use a drop hack on me.

this is most likely well known now and rampant if i have seen it this often.

blizzard needs to do something about this, i can only imagine how bad it gets in comp.

2 Likes

I thought this was gonna be about a Sombra bug and I’m disappointed.

6 Likes

Hey sombra COULD be behind it…

3 Likes

You know that isn’t the kind of hacking she does, right?

2 Likes

yea basically this a thing that has been discussed several times over the past couple weeks, its a popular new hack even in plat etc but as usual blizz and tech support wont acknowledge that its anything other than a network problem

here’s a few example threads posted in the past week or so I found in 2 minutes of searching the topic. As usual blizz are radio silent on the disgusting state of hacking in OW xd

((it seems like it may be more prevalent on eu… so far))

Yeah i encountered them two times.

I am in europe servers and i hate it

1 Like

It only happens to me when I’m winning which means someone on the enemy team is using it

3 Likes

We need to be more vocal about this, or else blizz is just going to keep saying its a network issue. they might be in the dark about this, they would have no reason to not acknowledge the situation if they knew about it.

2 Likes

Hey guys Blizzard is aware of an issue where players are simply getting crashed from the game with no warning but they do not have evidence to conclude that it is a hack that is being caused by other players. If you have encountered this bug please make sure to report it in the tech support form thread here.

2 Likes

i did a google search and found multiple instances of this cheat, I emailed hacks@blizzard.com the search url.

this is real and acting like it’s another issue is not helping matters.

3 Likes

I’ve found more evidence that it’s caused by a voice chat bug rather than anybody hacking people.

It’s completely random where said crashes occur and nobody has been able to name any specific players who would supposedly abuse such a hack against enemy players. And its not just enemy players who suffer from crashes, it’s also their teammates. There is little reason to believe it’s an actual hack, rather than yet another voice chat bug which keep persisting because they don’t want to fix their voice chat.

1 Like

The hack works like angry admin in cs 1.6 public servers back in the days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like