Dream balance changes

Not everyone will agree with these changes but I gave it a decent shot.

General

• Changing heroes transfers 50% of the previous heroes ultimate charge

Comment: We want to give players more opportunities to counter pick the enemy team. This should reward good team play and help encourage diversity within the hero pool.

Ana

• Damage of Biotic Rifle increased to 75
  • Enemies affected by Biotic Grenade can now receive 20% of healing effects

Ashe

• Slightly increased damage of The Viper
  • Reduced reload time to 3 seconds

Baptiste

• Reduced damage of Biotic Launcher by 15%
  • Immortality Field changed to be the ultimate ability and cannot be destroyed
  • Amplification Matrix reduced from 50% down to 20%

Comment: Swapping Immortality Field & Amplification Matrix will give Baptiste bursts of damage while limiting his ability to regularly shutdown enemy ultimate combinations.

Bastion

• Reduced ammo for Configuration: Sentry to 200
  • Reconfigure now applies after 1.25 seconds
  • Casting time of Configuration: Tank reduced to 1 second

Comment: Remaining stationary was too rewarding for Bastion. This change should encourage good repositioning.

Brigette

• Slightly reduce armor generated by Rally
  • Rally now gives all nearby allies a movement speed increase

Comment: This gives Brigette more diversity to her kit, and offers teams an alternative to Lucio.

Doomfist

• Reduced duration of shields

Hanzo

• Storm Arrows: Hanzo fires a volley of arrows into the air which rain down on enemies

Comment: This adds more area denial options into the game, and gives more meaning to landing shots with Hanzo.

McCree

• Slightly reduced move speed penalty while using Deadeye

Mei

• Increase damage falloff of Endothermic Blaster alternative fire
  • Ice Wall health reduced to 300 per pillar

Comment: Mei was too good at all ranges reducing the need to pick heroes like Ashe and Soldier: 76.

Mercy

• Caduceus Blaster damage increased to 25
  • Increase speed at which you can quickswitch between Caduceus Blaster and Caduceus Staff

Moira

• Increase cooldown of Fade to 8 seconds
  • Reduced the rate Moira generates ult charge

Orisa

• Increase slow effect and reduce pull effect on Halt

Pharah

• Rocket Launcher projectile speed increased to 40 meters per second
  • Slightly reduced knockback from Concussive Blast
  • Reduced cooldown of Concussive Blast to 8 seconds

Comment: We want to make it slightly easier to land rockets.

Reaper

• Reduced lifesteal to 20%

Roadhog

• Reduced healing of Take a Breather to 250 health

Sigma

• Reduced temporary shields generated by Kinetic Grasp

Soldier: 76

• Reduced cooldown of Helix Rockets to 7 seconds
  • Recovery period after sprinting reduced to 0.25 seconds
  • Heavy Pulse Rifle reload time reduced to 1.5 seconds

Sombra

• Slightly increased damage of Machine Pistol
  • Enemy controlled health packs can now be hacked
  • Hack duration reduced to 4 seconds

Torbjörn

• Deploy Turret casting time reduced to 2 seconds

Tracer

• Increase damage falloff of Pulse Pistols

Winston

• Slightly increased landing damage of Jump Pack

Wrecking Ball

• Reduce shields generated by Adaptive Shield
  • Damaging Wrecking Balls shields now generates some ult charge

Zenyatta

• Transcendence move speed reduced to 10 meters per second
  • Improved the visual cues for Zenyattas orbs

The minute I read “Remaining Stationary is too rewarding.” for Bastion is basically when I stopped reading… you can’t be serious…

1 Like

Finally someone here understands Halt is too strong and the main issue with Orisa.

That would be a fair change.

Let’s start at 33% and see how that goes? I’m down for trying this out, but 50% might be a little bold to start with.

Just Bionade change pls

Slightly increased to what? I think both of these in combination may be a bit much. As it is, I think Ashe’s damage is fine, so maybe just a reload bonus (i.e. 20% faster reloading if reloading from an empty clip)

No. Baptiste is fine. Lamp isn’t that powerful, and Amp Matrix is has a tough skill curve that can be extremely rewarding. It should stay that way.

He needs changes, but these aren’t it, chief. I’d prefer to time-gate Sentry but generally buff it, alongside other parts of his kit

Eh. No. I’d rather she get a barrier buff (300 would be nice), and the ability to burn a Repair Pack on herself (maybe by proccing Repair Pack while her barrier is up) at a reduced healing rate (i.e. 30 HPS)

Wait until after PTR and let’s see. His primary motivator for being good while be severely nerfed with the PTR.

Describe this more.

Won’t really do much, I don’t think. McCree frankly is pretty decent right now, he’s only “bad” because of snipers and barriers.

I’d rather that her primary get nerfed and her Cryo get buffed (reloading ammo)… let the DPS hero act more like a DPS hero and less like a demon tank in the DPS role

Blaster damage no, other one… sure? I’d like more aggressive changes to her, either tying Rez back to her ultimate in some form or deleting it altogether, with compensatory buffs.

:roll_eyes: Look we already got the meme of a nerf on PTR. Between that and the rest of PTR, we don’t need to dumpster her further.

But… why? Halt is fine

Sure? Again, I’d prefer more aggressive changes, but I think these are okay

See comments on Doomfist. 20% Lifesteal might be severely overkill.

Again, why? Roadhog isn’t an issue, TAB isn’t an issue, this just seems wholly unnecessary.

They literally just buffed it on PTR. With the coming changes, too, he needs all the help he can get. No.

These are all minuscule changes that don’t change the reality that Soldier is worthless in light of snipers and CC DPS. It will do virtually nothing for him.

Again–slightly how? I don’t think Hack needs to be any weaker than it is right now without getting some buffs to its consistency on mobile targets (i.e. Tracer) and around map geometry.

He’s getting a nice little buff on PTR, I’d prefer to wait-and-see

No. She just got this change. We don’t need her harassing people from mid-range.

Slightly how? Also, I’m reasonably confident in saying that the PTR is a decent indirect buff to him.

One or the other. Both is excessive.

He… doesn’t need a nerf fam.

Anyone asking for zen, hammond, sigma and hog nerfs is meh.
Asking for tracer buff LOL

That’s when you stopped reading? The ana nerf was enough for me. 20% extra heals? lmao, no.

As good as a mechanic this looks like, it would be simply imbalanced, some heroes no only require less charge than others but for some, charging their ult is way easier (Eg. Moira, Reaper, widow)

As for the rest those are all reasonably sound except for a few but w/e

isnt it like 10 shots a second? that makes it 250 dps? isnt that like way too much ?

I always love coming into these threads and guessing the OP’s SR based on the balance changes they propose. Anyone else want to play?

My guess:

Summary

High Silver or Low Gold

Literally the swapping heros get 50% ult charge would be so broken and annoying imagine swapping from dva hog or orisa to rein or zar or sigma and having your ult almost immediately that would be insanely broken and op

but his vape is fine lol
also you can’t fix deadeye, don’t try lol

^ been in other threads. Bastions easiest fix is to swap his ult and sentry mode. Reduce damage on tank rockets, give four shots. Gives him more speed, mobility (still allows him to do the rocket jumps).
Produces a small shield in front him for the duration of his ult.
Obviously the damage numbers would have to be looked at. I’d increase his barrier destroying capability during his ult (now sentry), and reduce the damage on his tank rockets too.
Also fixes bastions biggest problem. His team no longer has to be built around him. And he doesn’t have to stay static for 90% of the game.

I couldn’t bear to read thru all but 95% of the ones I read are AWFUL changes.

Bastion will have a field day with 300 bullets once the shield nerf hits live. That change keeps his damage but buffs repositioning and switching to tank mode