Dragon blade vs mass rez a double standard

Somewhere in a glaxay far far away

4 Likes

Bet. Peel for the teammate he dashes to, stack up on rein and have him swang his hammer, brig stun insta-deletes genji blade, even with nano. Hook genji. Tranquility genji. Beat and speed away from genji. There is so much counterplay it is almost TOO easy to get away from this.

Click her head 5Head OmegaLUL.

1 Like

Dragonblade has PLENTY of counterplay, usually kills 1-3 enemies - you donā€™t jump in the enemy team press 1 button and they all die, you actually have to be GOOD and DO SOMETHING and you can get killed anytime while doing so.

Mass Rez on the other side was yeaā€¦ letting your team die on purpose, fly in press a button, win.

1 Like

Dragonblade has a counterplay:

• Hacking him before he has ulted.
  • Killing before he has ulted.
  • Killing him during his ultimate.
  • CC (freeze, stun, etc) him during his ultimate.

Mass rez had as counterplay:

• Hacking Mercy before she ulted.
  • Killing Mercy before she ulted.
  • Use ult after she has ulted.

The difference between them is that Dragonblade allow counterplay during the ultimate. Mercyā€™s mass rez only allowed counterplay before she ulted. During the mass rez was she invulnerable. If you failed to stop Mercy from rezzing her entire team then you were forced to either use an ultimate to kill them as soon as possible or have another team fight.

Genjiā€™s Dragonblade offer more and better counterplay.

But this was not the only reason why mass rez was removed. According to the devs did it also promoted bad play. The hiding and rez part of mass rez.

2 Likes

Mass rez: basically makes enemy waste 3+ ultimates because their team fight was suddenly crtl+zā€™d

Dragonblade: Genji uses ultimate, if they can even somehow keep track of where they are, props to them, cause i canā€™t, if they miss one dash theyā€™re dead, also easily counterable or avoidable with many things, CC, Area denial ultimates, etc

blade on its own should never kill much on its own in thismeta

nanoblade is a lot better but still has plenty of counterplay

3-5 players usually where are those genjis on my team because i canā€™t be able to seem to find them especially now that brig is a thing. Also counterplay is easier than you think dont clutter up when you suspect he has blade. Or have a defensive ult and not play 2 mainhealers all the time which i see way too often.

And mercy mass ress the big resses are annoying but most of the time not the correct play temporessing is way more effective and wins you more fights than the occasional mass ress which was NOT normally 3-5 players unless the mercy gets completely ignore in that case the team facing the mercy is just bad.

Maaaaan sometimes even when i launch in air with Genjiā€¦i get dropped before i pull sword outā€¦

I mean Mercyā€™s ult had pretty good counter play in D.va bomb and as I am flying in committed to the rez ā€œNerf thisā€ would be heard in the distance similarly to how Genji hears Zens ult as he pressed Q.

After the rez is pulled off bomb explodes and undoes all Mercy did. Zen does the same with trans. Same concept really only one saves and one kills.

dragon blade doesnā€™t oneshot everyone instantly in a large area without line of sight.

None of these are true.

Iā€™m gonna guess you were referring to the time before Mercy gained invulnerability during her ult. Otherwise, add this point to the list above.

ohh no dudeā€¦ op please be jokingā€¦

What is with all the Mass Rez threads tonight???
Like yes i think Mercy has been treated like crap and Mercy mains have been bullied and trashed to no endā€¦but what is with this sudden fasination with mass rez on the forum??
You do know the racist cry babies on the pro scene and the streamers/youtubers will never let blizzard do that - right?
So get the fantasy of Mass Rez coming back out of your head.

@ me when Genji kills you in 0.5 seconds after pressing Q, from the next room.

@ me so i can tell u to just kill the hiding Gemgo EZ counterplay