Dr. Disrespect & TimTheTatman playing today

I mean shroud tried the game, if he didnt think soldier: 76 was a boring hero and overall a boring game Im pretty sure he wouldve got to GM and then quit. I think he quit around high plat or low diamond and never touched the game again.

1 Like

yea i actually remembered when shroud tried overwatch. he took it a bit more seriously then the doc did since doc is all about instant gratification it seems. i did like shroud’s ashe play and i could tell how goldly his aim was… way way way way better than i am :laughing:

2 Likes

Its an FPs with moba elements. And that will shift even more to more of an FPS come OW2. Thankfully.
Military type shooters aren’t the only types of FPS games.

What’s funny is when people say OW used to be more casual friendly. When casual players are the ones that play Fortnite and Call of Duty. Those are casual games for casual players.
But people in these forums think that casual players mean players from League of Legends, DOTA, Minecraft, Roblox ONLY. Players that like auto aim mechanics, high TTk’s playing grouped up in balls, etc.
Totally disregarding the largest number of casual players are from other FPS games.
As seen when Dr. Disrespect, Shroud and others have come to OW trying to play it casually and not having the impact they hoped.

1 Like

They’d maybe stream it a lot more if their viewership numbers didn’t crater when they touch it. These guys are each getting double or triple what every single Overwatch stream on at a given time combined is getting.

The fact is that how much fun they’re having is irrelevant if nobody wants to watch them play OW.

1 Like

Doc mained McCree, if McCree had Bob he would be able to climb and maybe stick around. The ultimate’s in this game are broken.

Also he doesn’t like shooting shields and double shield is a thing. Doc and Shroud have complained about all the shields in Overwatch as to why they don’t enjoy it.

1 Like

We didn’t pay either Doc or Tim to stream today.

28 Likes

I remember watching this guy playing McCree in silver (well, someone showed me the clip at least) and he died to the Moira orb after killing her and he went insane hahaha.

5 Likes

rage compilations of Doc and Tim coming up soon in the future!

1 Like

one thing is for sure you’ll never see streamers like doc, tim or shroud (traditional fps guys) play a tank or mercy. nope heh and maybe there in lies the problem with overwatch. they have to advertise maybe in a different way and label the game as maybe a non-fps shooter or promote other gamestyles a certain way with promotions or highlights

maybe trainers for tanks and supports or more animated cinematics for them or something?! i also STILL think blizzard/overwatch shot themselves in the foot with the introduction of role queue. i wonder if they never entertained that idea and if the game was still open queue it might be “slightly” better since lower queue times. i know how unpopular the idea is on the forums but i wonder if the overall general consensus is that people want to play right away so open queue would be more desirable in that sense

5 Likes

5v5 will bring streamers like Doc, Shroud in. Less shields, faster queues. Ofc Doc and Shroud don’t wanna play tank they have fps backgrounds.

2 Likes

More like there are just too much bs and cheese like flash fan combo going around that overwhelm the uninitiated, even the fps veterans.

We all went through that phase of being mowed down by Bastion.

1 Like

I came from CoD/Battlefield, and I quit within a month because Roadhog is a ridiculous character and thought he was to much. I thought a character with 600 health, a stun that brings you to him, a shotgun and a heal is OP (still OP), and quit the game. I came back like 3 months later because of friends and I got good and had fun with other heroes besides Soldier:76. If friends dont persist you to comeback, you wont comeback. I swear this games players are just TF2 frogs that play this game and just hoping they Valve is going to update their game soon and the other part are just friends badger each other to stack then they left or stopped playing together because of different timezones/work schedules/life in general/new game.

Imagine if there was something in HoTS, DOTA, LOL, Paladins, where they literally try and teach you the game and make sure that you have like a middle school diploma before you headed into competitive. Trying to make Reinhardt, Winston, Sigma, Ball, into more of a fps game does not make any sense at all. Those are the most moba esk tanks and trying to put them into a game that goes pew pew pew just wont feel right (Ball and Sigma will have the most impact because they already play like the game is 5v5).

2 Likes

They don’t bribe people with money directly. They do it with exclusivity of information which results in money from viewership.

Also no, I very much don’t care about other people whom I don’t know playing a video game.

5 Likes

i agree with you there AKJ. i might not like your opinions on mercy but sometimes i think you are right. damage boosts and debuffs maybe should be looked at and changed. the only problem with a change of mercy is that i dont think she should be offense oriented since her whole design and role is to be a protector/healer. maybe if they changed her blue beam to be some sort of healing boost but projectile base to bring some skill to her. pharmercy would still be a problem tho… but really i dont know :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Those heroes remind me of fighting game heroes more than moba heroes.
Fire strikes, charges, hammer swings, Hammer down knockdowns, pile drive moves, ball and chain, road hogs Hook is like scorpion from mortal Kombat, etc.
Especially that you control those heroes similar to how you do fighting game heroes.

Like I said Overwatch does have MOBA elements but they are far less than people think.

Not buying this at all. There is something going on, even if it’s not direct cash payments. Too many people coming back at the same time.

Maybe it’s a simple as, “Hey, we’re dropping XYZ soon, come play a few matches before we release it, we need the direct comparison to make sure people finally drop the idea that OW2 is just the same game or a small update.”

There is something compelling them to play at this exact moment besides their own whim.

Yeah, that’s my thinking as well.

4 Likes

They are working, they are entertaining people. Not everyone who streams a game is fun to watch.

It’s easy to downplay a lot of things as not being “real work” if you don’t understand what it actually takes to be successful.

3 Likes

my point being is that I think and many people would probably agree that trying to compete with Apex, or this new hero shooter coming out from ubisoft doesnt make any sense because Soldier 76 cant pick up the same gun as Reaper and Reaper cant pick up and use the same gun as Tracer. The game should have attractions for people that come from CoD, but the game should not try and compete and try and take those players because they are not the same

1 Like

But they were entertaining to watch anyways!

2 Likes

Never said it wasn’t real work. I’m saying that’s not a reason to treat them better than other players. Their reward for their work is the money they make. Same as the rest of us that work for a living.

1 Like