DPS Role Queue would be too long

Just watched the Jeff and Styalosa video and Jeff almost word for work said things ive been saying in these forums about the game.

Uhm when your two terrible dps are hiding from the pharah that is destroying your tanks and healers, you aren’t doing anyone any favors sitting on tank, if you can kill her easily.

There are carries if you can negate their carry.

1 Like

or just go play another game.

3 Likes

People who want role Q never explain how it would actually work.

Are you going to force 2/2/2? (Say you Q as healer, you would be locked into healer roles… what if you and another person want to swap roles mid-game?)

As pointed out, it would likely be unbearable Q times for DPS mains. Or you’d get the matchmaker from hell like in HotS and you’d end up with 4 DPS players on both teams anyway. What happens then?

Most often, a loss occurs because people don’t communicate, don’t work together or make stupid mistakes repeatedly. Role Q will not fix that; it will only complicate the situation and create more frustrations, not less.

Role Queue would also need seperate SR for each role in order for the MM to work correctly.

2 Likes

Not necessarily constrained to 2-2-2.

1 Like

Separate MMR for every hero is another thing im all for.

A system could be implemented that lets say you are a Diamond player, you get into a game (no role q), And only the heroes that you play at a diamond level can be picked.
The rest of the heroes are locked out (grayed out).
You would have to level up the locked out heroes to diamond before being able to choose them.

There could also be a way to get into a gold or Plat game where your lower MMR heroes can actually be played and even climb in rank to get the level of your best heroes.

Lets say Lucio is your worst hero. Then there would be a away to play comp like in a Silver ranked game and play Lucio and get better with him so your MMR on Lucio could climb.

That way you learn more heroes and the incentive is to rank them up to compete with your best heroes.

2 Likes

If we got some actually patient dps players who are willign to wait and who wish to play their roles as a competent team member and not just “flank pewpew solo”? I think dps players would appreciate role queue too if they knew that with wait time, they too would get a dedicated team willing to tank and support for them. And not just end up with 5 dps teams because everyone wants to dps anyway.

Just think, smurfs wouldn’t even need additional accounts! They could ruin our games easier than ever before!

Again it’s the sort of thing that overly complicates the game. It flies in the face of swapping picks/roles. Again, how would you convince people to agree that roles need to be reorganized? You’d still get the stubborn people who insist that everyone else swap first and that they’re not the problem, then you spend too much time sitting in spawn trying to sort it all out.

This isn’t a MOBA where the draft is half the strategy. Overwatch is meant to be fast-paced and encourage on-the-fly changes in momentum.

I’m just not convinced this can ever work.

Explain how.

my solution: Both. A Ranked mode with role q and one without!

oh and to that: A real scoreboard. even if its toxic.but the medals are more toxic.

1 Like

Throwing on a specific character so it drops in ranks, then use that character to obliterate the low-ranked players until your rank rises again.

Rinse and repeat.

isn’t this possible already yeT? thats not a new thing :smiley:

4 Likes

Wouldnt a player that is OBLITERATING low ranks climb super fast since they will be winning all their games stomping on low levels? So they wouldnt even be in low ranks for long if they are over performing. The MMR system would make them rise quickly.

That’s what throwers do now.
But the larger population that want to try other roles could do so without needing an alt account.

1 Like

I think a lot of players haven’t yet got to the phase of wanting to play Overwatch rather then wanting to play heroes.
I’m sure there’s at least 1 in every Role that a player would enjoy to learn. But they keep telling themselves, I’m a main of this, I’m a main of that.
I just wished more players would wanna be Overwatch mains instead, that’s what is actually healthy for the game.
I think if we got this system with such a long queue time for dps, it would eventually balance the queue times on it’s own.
Because a lot of the dps mains don’t yet realize how good it feels to play a well structured overwatch game. If right now the quality of the games it’s random and honestly usually bad, it’s only obvious most players are playing for heroes, mechanics & abilities, because that’s all they know that feels good.
But when we start giving them real enjoyable matches even on other roles I believe a lot of them will realize there’s another enjoyable side to the game other then just heroes.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen such an accurate comment in my life.

1 Like

Getting rid of selfish people is fine by me.

1 Like

Then maybe dps would play other roles instead of being a hardcore 1 role only player…

1 Like