DPS players, how long are you going to last with these queues?

To be honest I don’t mind long q time to play a balance game and there is custom game and FFA to play when I’m waiting but some times I have my friends q I with me to play tank or support or sometimes I play it I still love the game yes a fast q is good but I’m still happy

Good question. I’m not sure why you bother either.

1 Like

Genius - you deal with things you don’t like, that’s how life works. I don’t assume the “status quo” is the only way, don’t be so quick to judge, but your wanting OW to be something it isn’t. You are free to complain, to feel different, but at some one point you adjust to it or you quit.

“Clowns”… I see what I am dealing with.

1 Like

You can deal with things you don’t like too. :slight_smile: It’s a matter of finding the proper balance, which of course you have little concept of and desire for. You’re there for the ride. You’re the one who made Overwatch something it isn’t.

It’s called a defense mechanism. Yours are basic.

1 Like

The primary issue with the 1/4/1-2/4/2 proposal is it’s 100% a reversal of Blizz’s current balancing plan, it also forces individual DPS to feel less powerful compared to individual Supports and Tanks as a higher concentration of dedicated Damage heroes will require higher dedicated healing and mitigation tools to upkeep if the intention is to keep the team objective based game intact.

It also mean reworks for ~half of both the Support and Tank rosters, and who doesn’t love Blizz’s track record for reworks?

The impact of such a change is also only speculative. While I wasn’t keen on being a solo support some people loved it and others would more likely drop the role all together before voluntarily playing solo. If those people leave or decide to join the DPS Queue the overall compositional change could be largely offset by an influx of players in (a) particular role(s) or exodus of players that don’t want to participate in the new system.

1 Like

This is my proposal. And yes, individual power levels will be in favor of main tanks and main supports, but with respect to damage DPS remains the best. I’m banking on people naturally liking dealing damage. If solo tanking or solo healing is deemed unacceptable then it needs to be made acceptable.

…So you take it out of their hands. lol

The impact of 2-2-2 role queue I believe will manifest.

LOL “Basic”, but your the one complaining to what end… uh huh I hear you pal :wink: Not sure how you of all people construe I made OW something it “isn’t”. OW is what the devs decide it is with our combined input. Guessing your point of view didn’t pan out.

2 Likes

I mean I have not had as much time to play lately, I technically do not even have the time to be posting right now, but the queue times are not really a massive detriment towards my enjoyment.

That being said, it really is silly that Blizzard do not allow you to queue for multiple roles and just save your place in line, or relative place in line, after each queue ends, maybe even let it move while in the comp game but not pop. People would be willing to play a game or two of tank competitive and support competitive if they knew that after there was a DPS queue waiting for them.

1 Like

Most queues are <8 mins on DPS for me. I’ve had queue times as low as 2 mins on DPS as well. So I’m good.

Only thing Blizzard needs to change is QP match length. Just use comp ruleset or something FFS. Queue times for QP are about the same as the queue times for comp, but the matches are ridiculously short in comparison.

1 Like

So it would appear that in a lower league I have worse queue times than you. I am surprised by these responses though. Shocked, really. Makes me wonder who’s responding.

2 Likes

You’re misconstruing my points.

In a 1/4/1 setup “Main” and “Off” can’t exist in the Support or Tank roles. Because you can only have 1 each and every member of those roster needs to be capable of solo sustaining a team with their respective mitigation abilities.

In 1/3/2 you encounter the same issue, the 1 role cannot have main or off distinction as off is essentially weaker in primary mitigation stronger in utility/damage. In solo scenarios you can’t gamble mitigation, D.Va needs to be just as viable as Rein, Zen can’t be worse than Moira if you can’t pick another healer to help pick up the slack.

I’m not saying they can’t do reworks, I don’t write the dev team’s cheques and have nowhere near that power, I’m just bringing up that it is something that can’t be avoided and not something that they’re particularly held in high regard for.

You say that, yet 2/2/2s had about the same queue times since release with no major breakdowns of the system. Either, a. People have much higher tolerances for waiting to be in a match with the knowledge that they get to play their favorite role and thus don’t mind, or b. The player pools are each decreasing proportionally to each other to maintain the queue standards. Which leads to one of two conclusions, either DPS players in large aren’t going anywhere or they’re leaving at the same scale as Tanks and Supports.

Off is indeed essentially weaker, and in the 1 role generally speaking you do not play an off hero. Under my system the 1 role won’t be fixed, there will be some rotation in the main healer slot, 2-2-2 is retained as a composition, and players are allowed to switch roles. The thread I linked features balance changes.

There are things you probably aren’t seeing, namely possibly increased SR spreads and loss of activity. Both can keep queue times stable and even reduce them, yet both are harmful.

I don’t believe you’ve paid that close attention.

But you are correct, there are numbers that should be reflecting the toll of 2-2-2 RQ. Potential, however, is much more difficult to quantify.

QP times of >6 minutes are OK to me, but competitive 10+ minute queues with so many “Game failed to start” and/or match getting cancelled because people are AFK – I just can’t be bothered anymore.

When I wait close to 30 minutes for a single >10 minute match I burn out pretty quickly.

I don’t play dps as often anymore, maybe once or twice during my game session.

I already basically quit the game. I was never good – hovered around 2200-2400 until 222 where all three new categories somehow dropped drastically – but I had so much fun. And still do, for a tiny fraction of time compared to original OW.
DPS queue for PS4 is regularly 20+ minutes. I’m not going to play a watered-down version like deathmatch for that long, and if I’m doing something else during the wait (reading, practicing guitar) I’m already into it and not thrilled to drop it and remember that this ruined game exists. Then there’s tank and healer, which in mid-silver 222 finally displayed to me the elo hell of worse than useless DPSs without the ability to flex.

Best suggestion I ever heard for improving DPS queues more or less worked like this actually; the problem always came back to how do you allocate the pre-queued DPS without leaving the newer DPS queuers in the cold.

Still, line-holding for DPS sounds like it could be easier than other systems that have been proposed.

I’m glad someone made this observation other than myself.

Say you have 24 DPS, 12 Support, and 6 Tank players and your queue times are 24, 12 and 6 minutes respectively. If you lose 12 DPS players the DPS queue time would, hypothetically, drop down to the same level as the Support queue since they now have the same population, regardless of whatever that new queue time ends up being.

The only way the queue times could be remaining stable is if the population proportions are remaining the same, which means either the population itself is stable, the changes in population size are small, or changes in population size are evenly distributed across the roles.

You mean to tell me the most played role has the longest queue time in forced 2/2/2?

Nothing short of them reverting 2/2/2 will solve the problem, then we are back to people not willing to flex, so these queue time cry fests will go back to the nobody is willing to tank/heal threads from before.

1 Like

Queue time isn’t that bad…but it feels really bad once you get in a match after 12mins for statue tanks that won’t move or leaver and continue with another 12mins

I didn’t last a week, before I quit the game. I refuse to spend my leisure time waiting to play.

1 Like