I wish we could all just get along :frowning:

8 Likes

what about them? Im just playing scrims, no queue time there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How is the first point dps pandering genuinely curious

2 Likes

lol thats just marketing material

Not what he said at all
He said that they didn’t go with classic because that means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, and that the meaning changes over time. It breaks the continuity, but it starts it’s own form of relativity

because tanks and supports control the game. they are the single most vital parts of a team comp. we can see this by looking into teh past. goats didn’t even have dps because tanks and supports could do their job better. 2-2-2 is the only reason why they’re relevent. nerfing dps would be like taking a wheelchair from a crippled person and giving it to usain bolt

needed and delivered. 3 tanks since launch, 4 dps since launch, 4 supports since launch. they’re all equal. you also have to remember that the size gap between the roles wasn’t a thing before defense and offense merged.

this applies to every player in every role. the game is designed to be forgiving. even if you’re utter garbage at the game, you’ll still win every now and then

10 Likes

There’s nothing in the game that tells tanks and supports to blame themselves either? This game is just blaming every one else

7 Likes

These are all things no one asked for, and honestly seems like the most shallow ‘point’ you could have created.

Also a really ridiculous argument. If you read this:

And drew out that conclusion, you’re misconstruing vague words to fit your agenda. And that is gross.

Role queue was made for the base game because people complained about the mythical 5 DPS compositions, and people refused to use LFG. Blame most players for that, not just DPS.

Supports and tanks get nerfed because they are overpowered and are more influential. You don’t get to be overpowered just because you’re a minority in terms of players per role. Sorry. That’s not how life works.

Again, no one asked for Echo to be a DPS. And I personally hate this argument. The implication is, “don’t add DPS heroes until tanks and supports have caught up” which would be 5+ years at this point to catch up.

One DPS being launched every 4 heroes is not a crime.

IIRC they’re adding more in-game comms that you can use to communicate different things.

Also, “there is nothing to tell DPS to focus down an enemy target”? How about you speak up and recommend that in-game? Voice comms are absolutely a viable option.

TL;DR you’re coming off as super shallow, generalizing the DPS playerbase with weird, irrelevant ‘points’ and have provided nothing to back any of these up.

You can hate DPS all you want, but I’m not sure what it will take for you to come back down to reality where DPS players aren’t being pandered do, supports and tanks are not neglected step-children, and that your arms are incredibly long since you’ve made 5 different reaches like this.

All you’re really doing is adding fuel to the DPS vs. Support/Tank narrative, and as someone who enjoys both roles, I’m not going to stay silent about it. DPS players are not the boogieman and tanks/supports are not victims. We’re all playing the same game and each role has reasonable and unreasonable players.

16 Likes

DPS pandering is a myth created by support+symmetra/sombra mains to increase DPS queue times.

DPS mains have not only been abused, mistreated, and driven out of their own game, but they have also been mocked and ridiculed inside/outside of Overwatch.
DPS mains are pillars of the community, and it’s time that we get a little back for once in our lives.

4 Likes

“dps pandering”

dps literally had to be forced back into the game with role que because blizzard refused to nerf the overpowered tanks and supports making them useless.

but sure “dps pandering” lets just ignore the nerfs to any usable dps that have happened recently.

2 Likes

brig against sustained DPS

1 Like

Hey, I’m a Sombra main and I think DPS pandering is the dumbest myth. :< Don’t lump us in.

5 Likes

The new comp classic is an amazing addition in my opinion. I really want them to add that as a separate mode. Might make the Dps queue times in 2-2-2 a lot better. I don’t understand what the big deal is in just adding it either, let classic players have their 4-5 dps comps.

2 Likes

he just meant there is no one true “classic” overwatch mode since it has gone through a lot of changes.

Some people think no limits back in the day is “classic” while others think it means after limit heroes was added. Not to mention, all of the different reworks some heroes went through.

I think you’re looking far too into it tbh.

she invalidates your damage entirely, she doesn’t counter you through killing you, she just completely negates your ability to kill anything until you swap to burst DPS

1 Like

I would not go that far, but they almost HAVE to pander to us because of queue times. And then tanks and supports get pissy whenever they do something to try and keep dps retention like adding Echo as a dps.

As far as I am concerned, they do not eat the 15 minute queue, so you can shut up and enjoy the game like I want to. If you have schadenfreude that I am forced to wait
 good, you reap what you sow. The vicious cycle continues.

It really isn’t a problem and most of those ‘points’ were kind of laughable.

However for OW 2 I do hope they start to add more tanks and healers than dps, at least until their roles get a nice selection of heroes.

1 Like

For OWL play you mean right?

Even at the very height of Goats, it was still a niche strategy outside of maybe Top 500 games

On ladder, Hanzo and Widowmaker were used 5x more than Brigitte was, even in GM rank

3 Likes

and this changes what I said how?

please tell me.

also goats was being ran quite a bit in all ranks above diamond.

Dps pandering exists but not for the reasons you outlined.

DPS pandering is because they make up 60% of the playerbase and a majority of the fans of OwL and GM play. Pro DPS play drives revenue and interest so they gotta go with what brings in the money.

Tanks and supports experience don’t really matter that much as most of the streamer/youtuber following is also DPS.

2 Likes

There’s countless videos and posts from those days clearly showing that wasn’t the case

And of course it changes what you said; For 99.99% of players, Goats wasn’t a thing, and no different than running 4-5 DPS with 1 healer

But because 0.01% of players in OWL didn’t use DPS, that’s the rest of the playerbase having an issue?

7 Likes

it does not.

the claim is that blizzard panders to dps. they refused to nerf tanks and supports who were objectively overpowered for tanks and supports at lower tiers.

that is literally not pandering to dps players. infact it is pandering to tanks and supports

trying to use .01% (which is an objectively wrong metric by the way) as an excuse to justify them pandering to supports and tanks at lower ranks when the idea tthat dps are pandered too is hilariously out of touch.

either way you look at your argument, you are wrong.

either they should look at the top 1% and balance objectively, or they elected to ignore that and pandered to the lower rank tanks and supports by refusing to nerf them because only high level play was affected.