DPS Moira is now the only way to play her

ummm… the thing is that kinda is the case… i.e. mercy needing to battle mercy more to get more value since pure healing or boosting isn’t going to cut it anymore. like even if you watch animetic’s vids, basically wip out pistol to secure kills when possible, valk used more to sniper/pharah/support hunt or to distract with battle mercy, etc.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t mind increase in skill ceiling. To be fair, even this healing nerf is an increase in skill ceiling since Moira will have to do way more [damage] to be able to actually do something. Just healing won’t cut it and won’t win you a game if you choose to play her.

However, if they tightened her hitbox (which would be a welcomed change for me since i have around 80% accuracy anyway), there would probably have to be a compensation in her juice recharge. You keep forgetting she’s doing negligible amounts of damage (again, it’s 50. Fifty.) and her right click has a forgiving hitbox because it’s supposed to be used for juice recharge.

That explains we’re friends, which is something I would never be able to say about you :kissing_heart:

Yes and you can throw it in ways where it doesn’t run away from you unless you’re very unlucky. As long as that orb is on you, his shield dancing doesn’t matter. He deals 60dps. Orb is a flat 75hps.

No, Dva has no problem dealing with her or enabling others to deal with her. He stands no chance of killing her alone, and she can sit there and drain a 500hp tank with him not being able to do a thing about it other than run. From a support. That deals 50dps. It is very stupid. This, again, coming from a Moira player.

Yeah they’ve literally never said that and I’m pretty sure you’re just grasping at straws there because you maybe wanted her buffed when she absolutely has never needed one.

1 Like

Nah.

That’s map geometry reliant. In most instances that orb is not gonna stay on you long enough to kill Winston. Your damage is gonna be utter garbage against him because you’re opting to not use the orb that could put some damage on him, and getting your succ damage (which is already very low) cut down by a large margin. This is gonna be a drawn out battle but it’s mostly gonna end in Winston’s favor. You’re not gonna be doing 50 damage per second on him because some of your damage will be getting blocked. On top of that, the healing orb doesn’t last forever and doesn’t last long enough for her to put in enough damage into his health to kill him.

They didn’t state it in those words, but statistically it was true. Which is why the devs specifically called out her inability to compete with other supports due to her lack of utility for the buff they gave her on PTR. They then reverted this buff.

2 Likes

I didn’t know you can play this game always in a 1v1 situation while the other 5 teammates and 5 enemies are each in their own 1v1 situation.

Plus if the Winston is at least half capable of playing that hero, he will dance around the shield so Moira fails to get a grasp at him. If he jumps after she used an orb and fade (which, you know, might happen because, you know, it’s a 6v6…), that Moira is his dinner.

This is limited to literally only a very little amount of places where this can be done.

They said she lacks utility compared to the other supports:

2 Likes

I like how in these fantasy duels, things are always 100% in the hero your complaining about’s favor. Like…Moira gets full damage because he’s not shield dancing but Winston is facing a Moira with an orb that won’t leave her at all.

4 Likes

IMO, these complaints usually come from being defeated by the certain hero. Most kills don’t really feel fair, do they.

Say, if I came to the forums every time I was killed by a Doomfist or Hanzo and it tilted me beyond this world (which it usually does), I’d be long banned for spamming about how those heroes are broken.

I think so too. Though I guess that there are a lot of cheesy things in this game for pretty much all of the heroes. The devs seem to be of the philosophy that if every hero is cheesy, none of them are. And to be fair, that does seem to be the case. But it does lead to a lot of salt posts with exaggerations of what a hero can do.

2 Likes

Hmm, this might be true, but this time, Blizzard made the best choice and nerfed Moira, as it was pretty much mandatory due to her utterly ridiculous objective stats when also taking into consideration her extremely low skill requirements.

And this is coming from a Moira main I the Support role by the way…

I’d just nerf her beam damage some more, reducing the range as well to be more in line with how defense matrix got treated. Then make her orb have half it’s CD if you use the heal orb. So people aren’t throwing purple ones out with no punishment. It should be used as a finisher only not something spammed on CD. The buff to the healing orb CD would slightly mitigate her healing loss without making it as OP as the full healing mist power used to be.

1 Like

Yeah Jeff is just sitting in his lair “heh heh heh I will nerf supports and watch support mains fall into misery :smiling_imp:

I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that moiras healing output and sustain are at insanely high levels.

1 Like

Why not go to the ptr and see what is happening?

Teams aren’t clumped together at all times, and you see Moira players having to run around trying to get their healing in range of one or 2 charging tanks.

Dps and tanks are having sending supports to spawn more often.

When teams aren’t huddled behind barriers, Moira’s over all healing is less efficient.

Less efficient healing means more resource used. Less over all effective healing output on the same resource strains the resource more.

Moira ends up having to dps more just to keep her resource up more often. A dps Moira with a tank in her face or a ranged dps focusing her down is dead pretty quick.

Discussion aside,

Can we appreciate the OP’s name for a sec?

MoirahCarey

:joy:

3 Likes

They will probably nerf all her damage abilities too, to please the Genji mains.

It is completely ridiculous that Doomfist and Hanzo are still OP and meanwhile Blizz nerfs HEALERS. Flabbergasted.

I agree, except they actually nerfed the self-heal to nerf her dueling ability (to please the DPS mains). Her right click DPS shouldn’t be decreased because picking off low-HP heroes is also an important part of her kit. DPS Moira was always a thing. As for the healing nerf, I sincerely think they hired some newbies on the balance team because most of the senior people are working on OW2. Someone saw 80 hps healing stat, ignoring the energy aspect of it, and the result is a kneejerk nerf that makes no sense.

The only way it could make sense is if they buff her energy regen substantially, which probably won’t happen, because we all know that PTR patch notes are basically set in stone. PTR feedback is basically ignored.

3 Likes

I don’t know why people don’t play Moira as she’s designed to be played; an opportunity hero. Much like Genji or Tracer, her great mobility tool lets her reposition so well and so often and her orbs make her able to maintain such a large space that you should basically always be playing with and around your team, taking quick moments of opportunity to finish off low health opponents while prioritizing your own life so that you can stay alive and heal your team. If you use cover well and your fade for escape rather than engagement, you can do a LOT of damage while still prioritizing the health of your team. She’s a very, very versatile hero; but some people get tunnel vision and act like she can only do one or the other. It’s preposterous, she’s very capable of doing both at the same time. Whether or not players are capable of utilizing it though is entirely another kettle of fish.

2 Likes

That’s a really really hot take buddy. They’re lowering her healing output because she’s contributed to boring stationary comps for a while now. Her raw healing output makes it hard for heroes without burst damage to get value.

I hope also that this nerf along with her lifesteal nerf, targets the fact that Moira is an entry level hero and that she needs to be tuned down so as to dominate the meta over support heroes that are harder to play, in this case it’s literally all of the other support heroes. Rewarding an incredibly low skill character with unearned kills is not good game design.

The smugness of this is so stupid. Even in the highest of ranks, where the best DPS players are (non pro) you used to see Moiras winning duels against hitscans that are infinitely better than the Moira players. How is that good competitive game design?

1 Like

you are totally correct

1 Like

Wait what? You do realize that Moira is basically useless in any stationary situation, because she runs out of energy insanely fast. She needs to be engaging the enemy frequently to maintain energy. The main hero that has contributed to boring stationary comps is Orisa.

1 Like