Dps match finding wait times

I am so tired of the long wait times for dps. Before you say play another role the only reason I am playing dps is for fun and to raise my sr since it is way behind my others.

But the fact that I have to wait 7 to 9 mins is so unacceptable. I literally had three games in a row that got cancelled not even last a full minute. It went like this first wait 8 mins match gets cancelled before the ship even opens, second time 7 mins match gets cancelled when we take first point in less the a minute, then finally after more the nine minutes of waiting I join a match that is waiting for more players only to kick me back to the main menu. How has blizzard done nothing about the dps wait time the fact that I have to wait more the 25 minutes just to play a full game is mind-blowing. I just need to rant because I just wanted to spend my Saturday relaxing playing overwatch not just hoping I get the game to let me play

3 Likes

What can they do? Everyone wants to play DPS, so you’re going to have to wait in line. That’s all there is to it. They could loosen up matchmaking and pair you with lower and higher ranks when times get too long, but then people would whine and moan about how the matchmaking sucks even more than they do already.

Play checkers or something in queue.

1 Like

This for one

1 Like

This. Was. Normal. Before. Role. Queue.

Also seven minutes is not that long.

I concur that there should be a better incentive to play off roles. I once heard a suggestion that completing a game on Tank or Healer could give the player a sort of priority que for Damage. I like that idea.

1 Like

OP plays in gold. Before RQ, you pretty much get matches straight away, max 3 mins of wait in solo queue.

1 Like

Yeah before the mosted I wait was about four mins but I was in a team of six so oh well. Also gold is a pit that is insanely hard to get out of.

Longest I ever had to wait before role prison was like 3 minutes, and that was during slow hours.

Not impossible, I made it out on my two most played roles. Trying to do the same on tank right now.

Bribery is poor game design.