Dps are so bad, fix matchmaking

You can push all you want as a tank however most of the time dps dies at spawn

I also can’t climb lately. My general feeling is that the issue tank players face is that in order to carry lower mmr dps/supports, they are supposed to carry with the other tank player. but the other tank player just queued for fun and runs whatever and doesn’t play with the team. so even if on paper the match should be even, it becomes impossible to carry.

The simplest solution i’ve found is just duo queue with other tank players. But unfortunately most tank players are ~2800 with two tanks in skill and ~2300 with the other tanks…and they always want to swap because “this is the right tank for this situation.”

And I don’t like playing with a duo queue who is trying to make us lose, so in the end solo it is. But if you’re going to be solo you really should be playing ball or sigma or just not playing the tank role.

My advice is just find a friend, pick two tanks each and learn those.

Also zarya is the best character for plat (uncooperative teams). No other tank gets that much value off of teammates feeding or the ability to save teammates at ridiculous ranges from whatever stupidity they are currently doing.

Dva has to be nearby and so she can’t cover the whole team when they spread out. Zarya on the other hand is a god

Main tank has it worse as your teammates will do something stupid while you’re engaging and you can’t even see what they’re doing because of your position, much less save them.

And us DPS are always wondering why the tanks are so bad.

But neither is the problem.

The problem is that Overwatch uses a handicapping system to try and make “even matches”

So, good players are ALWAYS wondering why they have absolute crap teammates all the time.

Instead, the matches should be random and the players would sort themselves out much faster. Then matches would be more even, with actual players all the same skill level.

Blizz doesn’t seem to think this would work, but i’d at least like to see it tried.

5 Likes

As Mandalorian says, has been proven over and over again. As has been said, also many times, it’s better to learn how to game the system than learn to be better at the game.

But to the OP, I have played a few of my unranked DPS accounts tonight… and it wasn’t the DPS, it was absolute lack of situational awareness of the rest of the team that was getting the losses. Two matches, the other team was pretty good. Especially their healers both times. They would duck around the corners, behind the shields, behind the tanks, at about 1 bar health. I just couldn’t quite get the kill. But if any single other member of my team, had even put the slightest fire into them, they would have died. I got some kills, but with just even one other person being aware enough of any of the other teams health for even a couple seconds, we would have wiped them repeatedly. That’s your biggest problem. Not DPS, but total lack of team cohesion and any situational awareness of what’s going on around them. And we won’t even talk about the Dva that stood in front of both of my tanks and healer pouring fire into me for about 4 seconds and they did nothing as I dropped her to 20% health before she got me and flew away.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. It’s because they hire CVs with Cirque du Soleil XP instead of Unrigged Gaming for GameDevs 101.

I don’t doubt that, had games in gold like that too.

Just don’t play shield tanks. After I started once tricking Wreaking ball I’ve climbed out of bronze and getting close to Gold. No need to worry about garbage dps when you do all the head clicking.

1 Like

^ this
You NEVER want the best player on your team to be on Reinhardt because a Rein can only be as valuable as his best teammate.
If you are really good with Sigma and Orisa’s primary fire abilities, you can solo climb with them, but duoing is the only climbing strategy Reinhardt has.

1 Like

please check this thread,

why arent the devs doing anything about this

1 Like

content creators. they’re protecting the streamers. most of them are washed, locked 4+ years into the same place, and would struggle grinding and solo carrying through the swamp. A reset would fix things, but that will make anchored accounts, entitled to ranks they lucked into 3 years ago, suddenly frustrate, trashtalk the reset/newsystem, and leave.

So they protect their status quo. NO other esport stands behind a 4+ year no-reset ladder that is equivalent to season1 competitive despite all that has changed.

3 Likes

thats a good point but they should change the MMR, balance base on sr not on MMR.

2 Likes

They should. But the best we can hope for is some new staffing and changes for OW2 timelines.

1 Like

Wait

Are the streamers bullying and smurfing with their alts and Unranked to GM runs or are they boosted to the top fractional percent? I just wanna know which narrative we’re working under.

1 Like

They are disrupting an active/live ladder by entering the system at rank X (where they don’t belong) and moving to rank Y (where they do belong). These ‘educational runs’ are streamed every month, and represent only the tip of the iceberg in terms of ladder disruption. For every livestream content session there are countless other burners enterring the ladder and decreasing it’s working integrity.

The 1st “narrative” is that they’re knowingly adding more fuel to the dumpster fire.

The 2nd is that grinding through a reset is different than injecting an alt and going X to Y in a cesspool. There is a lot more renewed competition during a total reset. And many of the content creators are 50/50 above the clouds with anchor stats on their mains. They know how to play in the comforts of clean/thin ranks, but lack the skill to climb under current cesspool conditions. And during a reset this might be more pronounced. Less reliance on friends and inner circles (remixing), with several of the more casual/parked accounts simply never climbing up to their former ranks.

You contradicted yourself which is what I pointed out.They can’t both:

A: Not belong there
B: Easily climb as they’ve proven

It can’t be both lol. PS: anchor stats don’t exist. They’re just better at the game than you and me which is fine.

1 Like

This is a hard thing for a developer to address. Fixing the problem would be an admission of abuse.

1 Like

It can be both because it’s two different regimes. A strong player climbing a new account with volatile mmr shifts is easier when the baseline is relatively fixed. But that won’t work as well in a total reset, when everyone is effectively volatile and no baseline is established.

There are a lot of top % players (not just content creators) who are top % but extremely casual. Logging in doing placements, holding same 50/50 rank they got to 4 years ago in a friendstack. They casually split some games and barely offset decay. They simply wouldn’t make the same cut if there were a reset today. Ranks established seasons ago are basically meaningless right now.

They should make so you can only play Goats in competitive

If u do that it will be smurf paradise, really, juste Need to take one new account, throw it to silver or gold, and there u are Ready for hours and hours of stomp without going up to fast

Only OW streamer I have watched (well he plays a bunch of other games too) is xQc and he is extremely toxic. I only saw a few of his streams to where I couldn’t take his toxicity anymore. He is the poster boy for gaming toxicity in all games. It is sad how many people watch him when he is on as his toxicity spreads to these people because they look up to him.

1 Like