Download speed at BITS/s, and CPU is working at full throttle

What kinda dogs*it patch is this ?

This kind of abuse to the cpu is actually damaging for the amount of time it takes to download the patch.

1 Like

This is normal, it will download, install, then download some more:

Oh dear, this is so poorly planned and executed that it should be embarrasing.

Not really, after this patch things should be a lot quicker for future updates, its a pain now to make it easier later.

I had the same issue, this is NOT normal… Had 2 bsod (because of unstable clocks prob).

I have new information that can help, try pausing and resuming the download if your CPU is maxing out during the download.

Well even if its intended bye that its realy bad made then because never had a game that took of a high end cpu max.

Well, looked at the logs, and it fired at 90-100% for a disturbingly long time, so those with older or poor cooling will in a worst case scenario destory their CPU, that workload with the heat it generates for THAT amount of time, will cause damage. So I would say that is extremely poorly planned/executed.

I am having excat same issue. Cpu: i5-8700K and its working on 100%… Are you ducking kidding me? Download drops to almost 0 too and no progress.

I had the same issue. Luckily, I have plenty of cooling. I hear all my fans start running fast and everything went slow and checked to see what was going on because only new AAA 3D games on Ultra make it sound like that.

This update caused an i7-4790 to run near 80% at times. That’s doesn’t seem right. I would think a game update shouldn’t cause the same stress as transcoding, not even close.

Eh, what do I know? It’s probably normal and I’m just stupid.

Oh no 100% usage. What’s going to happen if I turn off vsync in high-end game? PC will burn to ashes. This is just dumb. Why the hell You buy these powerful cpus if they can’t be maxed out. Maybe learn how to build PC and add some cooling.

Updater downloads data. Data needs to unpacked. CPU is being used to unpack files. That’s why it is utilized and that’s why You get 0 bytes per second few times during update.

Working at 100% is fine for a CPU, that’s not the problem here.

It’s the fact that it’s just an update. I have NEVER had a game update and it do this. It’s reason for alarm.

Eh, why am I trying? You just want to cause problems by acting like that.

i7 6700k slowing down to literally 10bits/second with maxing out all 8 cores.

How the f*** is that even possible blizzard? Pausing and resuming a download shouldnt make the download faster.

do i need to download more ram next??? wtf??

this patch is extraordinarily bad, and you guys were already RAPING CPUs with your downloader. I really didn’t expect worse.