Doth mine eyes deceive me?!

A buff to Reaper, but not just any buff, a buff to…SHADOW STEP?

This truly is a sign of a brand new, beautifatera for OW

5 Likes

It’s pretty cool. Geoff expressed he was open to buffing it. Really nice to hear him explain why he didn’t before, and actually implement a buff to it to test.

2 Likes

I don’t really understand what it means. It says invisible while exiting shadow step… when is the point where he “enters” shadowstep vs “exits” it? does that just mean he is invisible the whole time? That would be awesome

1 Like

I’m so happy for you guys, welcome to viability!

4 Likes

He has two different moments where he’d start fading away when he shadow-stepped, and then “appear” after teleporting, but couldn’t move.

They removed the latter - he is invisible so you can’t immediately shoot him while he’s teleporting until he’s able to move.

Yeah, brownie points to them for being straightforward and honest in communication

2 Likes

By enters it means pre-teleport, and by exits it means post-teleport. Basically you won’t now be able to jump on Reaper’s new location before he’s physically able to react.

I’m looking forward to it. Most people wanted to rework or replace it, but I know I’m in the minority when I say I like Shadow Step the way it is, at least the core identity of it. I like they’re buffing it in a way that doesn’t change that essence.

1 Like

I feel like that’s the wrong way to address the issue. His exiting teleport should be able to be punished for picking a terrible location on top of enemies. If they wanted shadow step to be more viable it seems like just making the whole animation a lot faster and reactive would be the way to go.

I actually think that means you can’t see WHERE he is when exiting Shadow Step, you can still shoot and kill him, you just don’t know where he is

Then again, I haven’t seen the full patch notes so I could be way off the mark there

Wait…WHAT?

The mad lads.

I’ve been testing it in PTR. Either it’s because the window is much shorter now, or because invisibility = invulnerability temporarily, but I’m find it’s harder to damage him when he’s reappearing. O:

It’s a good change. For a close-combat hero, he needed this for movements and flanks. :+1:

I’m interested to see the whole, “Works in midair thing” so does he just get suspended in the sky while channeling or what?

Midair movement also means he doesnt fear wells anymore!..or does he?
Need some try of that

I think it means that he can just do the animation while falling

I wouldn’t be so sure just yet. From the sounds of it your just “invisible” which means you can still be shot if they guess your location or just a stray bullet. Also your spot you leave from is still vulnerable.

Though it is funny to see them back track after so long of ignoring the problem. The funny thing is they have to be careful. Shadow step is god awful right now as it has zero stealth. The problem is if it’s too good it will make Reaper OP. He is an insanely strong hero with only the limit of getting close holding him back.

If he can teleport 35m easily without being stopped or seen… he’d be so broken.

I’m sure there’s still some fast thinking to pull it off, but it’s more of an anti-boop countermeasure.

No. This says to me they actually want people to use it more divey and aggressively.

Otherwise they wouldve sped up and protected the entering animation. Not the exit.

I suppose that means I’m screwed even harder as Bastion. I’m not even allowed to do anything if I see the teleport.