Doomfist mains we gotta stick together

A one shot combo is a combo, where getting hit by the first ability means that you are guaranteed dead, as you have no way of avoiding the follow up.
So Roadhog hook, Brigitte stun against Tracer when it still did 50 damage, McCree flashbang, and Doomfist.

4 Likes

Hola!
Iniciando el hackeoā€¦

3 Likes

81 comments and alot are toxic, disapproval of Doomfist, and/or rage inducing.

Doom mains cant catch a break.

6 Likes

Mercy can combo pistol shots into someoneā€™s head and kill much of the cast in 1 second (200 dps) doing so.

Must be a one shot?

3 Likes

To be fair, half of the comments complaining are from the same few people.

2 Likes

If you see doomfist charging from a mile away and you donā€™t dodge it you deserve to be one shotted and if you donā€™t see it coming itā€™s called flanking. Finally if doomfist is snowballing maybe you should switch to the 1 of 10 hard counters available to stop Doomfist. If not get your face punched at rocket speeds!

3 Likes

not to mention its louder than a plane landing

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t really matter, just because he deafens you, you wonā€™t be able to dodge his oversized ability hitboxes.

1 Like

youā€™re not forced to play sombra, thatā€™s just an example. But anything with any cc just stopping him dead in his tracks really ruins it from him and makes him an easy target. If you as a doom dive into the entire enemy team there is a big chance youā€™ll die and if not the enemies literally ignore you. Even a bastion is a hard counter.

his ā€œfree killā€ is mostly used to exit fights, sure you kill people with it but youā€™ll mostly see doomfist use it to escape. Again itā€™s not a free kill all you have to do is move or stun. Any anti-dive literally stops him and makes him have to be a lot more careful so he canā€™t be getting free kills.

When it comes to your nerf ideas

ā€œLower shield gainā€ He gets 35 temporary shield per time he hits someone with any of his 3 abillities, and 75 temporary shield from his ult which can give you a max of 150. Itā€™s not a lot of shield that goes down over time fairly quickly. But fair enough 30 shield per hit wouldnā€™t bother me but less would ruin him a lot.

ā€œLower his damageā€ So his handcannon has 4 shots, each shot does between 20-66 damage if I remember correctly and thatā€™s only if you hit enemies really close (which is literally what you have to be at all times for any damage to be dealt) and takes 2.6 seconds to reload fully ones the 4 bullets have been used (0.65 seconds per bullet)

His slam does around 50-125 damage but itā€™s rare that you see it get to 125 unless used from really far up. Nerfing that would make it even more useless since itā€™s already filled with bugs where it doesnā€™t even do damage some times.

You have his uppercut which deals 50 damage where you usually pop some shots which is where most of his damage comes from. No real nerfs needed there.

His rocket punch which get complaints all the time, deals 49-100 damage depening on how charged it is and if punched into a wall it does 250. Nerfing it to 150 which has been suggested would ruin his and taking it down to 200 still ruins him. Why? His already inconsistent and avoidable ā€œinsta killā€ wonā€™t get used much for damage dealing. If you go up against a doom using his slam, uppercut and punch in the same dive heā€™s a free target dummy to kill.

And with the boops heā€™s now op. Again counter his charging fist, heā€™s made to make space for tanks and diving. Having his Rp range shortend would make his job of making space so much harder and basically make him a dive only hero.

Itā€™s the same as if you have any annoying hero against you and no one is killing them. Switch up and counter them.

None of this is an excuse for how people act as soon as they see a doomfist main in their game (which is what this thread was about), you literally get people talking trash because you pick a hero in a game, both saying no one can play him because heā€™s so hard or heā€™s a throwpick or that heā€™s a braindead hero for noobs to play (depending on rank). the communities reaction to what you play makes it boring to play him but itā€™s the only dps I enjoy and itā€™s the same for many other people who main whatever they main.

2 Likes

all the times ive been banned for being toxic its when ive been one tricking doomfist. any other hero i play i dont get reports, and because i didnt actually do anything wrong like throwing or anything i think i just get banned for toxicity as thats the only thing they can ban me for

1 Like

Welp, i have no hater to doomfist mains.
Just for hero and people who pick doomfist only when they see that other team is lower rank players :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry , didnā€™t read most of it.

Anyway , heā€™s in every game - does that mean I should pick Sombra every game? Cuz if it does - then Imma have some fun (Sombra main btw)

I literally answered your question in the first part of the text.

People like you who canā€™t even be bothered to learn what counters someone like doom baffles me if they see him like such a huge issue and even recommend nerfs that would ruin him. Good job keep it up.

1 Like

I say we tank mains got to stick together. The more I play Overwatch the more I realize we are the most ignored of all the classes. Healers get praised and DPS get flamed. While tanks, tanks are the middle child. We need to stick together and support each other. :heart:

1 Like

I know his counters and all , I can deal with him anytime I want but when I donā€™t play a hero that can do something about him - heā€™s a HUGE PAIN IN THE A**

Not a DF main, but thatā€™s literally half the cast in this game.

So yes, it is, in fact, excuses.

These types of posts are obnoxious.

thatā€™s what you have a team for my friend :slight_smile: I understand your pain as I play ana and rein a lot but you can literally counter him on tank and dps, so can your team.

1 Like

I guess you have a point but the question - Who cares enough in QP to counter him if I donā€™t do it? Cuz tbh no one does. Then we lose and I get flammed for playing Mercy and not healing when the real issue was Our team not even trying to kill Doomfist.

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of curious to know whether Doomfist mains understand (and maybe even sympathize) the reasons why other players find him so frustrating.

I can see why people find him fun, but he can also be very frustrating. I donā€™t think heā€™s overpowered, and I know that he has counters, but heā€™s built to be as annoying as possible.

I think he epitomizes a point of view that the dev team used to have when adding new heroes. This point of view asked ā€œwouldnā€™t it be cool ifā€¦ā€ and didnā€™t ask ā€œwould it be a good idea for the game ifā€¦ā€.

1 Like