Doomfist is the epitome of frustrating design

Very true

I would have to disagree about massive distances. More like short distances one shots and one shot combos

You do not know how much i laughed at this

6 seconds

They made it so u can use some of ur mobility and mobility abilities in air

if ur a serious tank player you would know how to counter him
but if ur a squishy main have fun against his Seismic slam it is pretty fun to play against atm (not) ;-;

1 Like

Apparently his combining of abilities, positioning, learning maps, gamesense and execution is more of an issue that Widow simply aiming at someone’s head and clicking.

We’ll see. Forum heroes will never not be complained about.

it’s almost like he does what widow does, only 4x times slower, and has to risk himself while doing it.

2 Likes

There’s really only 3 ways a doomfist can get kills:

1.) You’re alone with doomfist
2.) He engages at the right time
3.) He feeds and trades

If your team isn’t able to kill a diving doomfist, you need to be calling for more focus or peels.

If he keeps getting away with this and you’re zen, you need to ask for help. IF you’re ana and you somehow cannot sleep a massive hero, then you need to ask for help.

The only other way he can get kills is to feed. But if your entire team is unable to stop 1 doomfist…just take the L buddy.

there’s nothing wrong with him.

Flashbang, FTH = dead doom
Counter charge a punch = dead doom
Shield bash a punch = dead doom
Sleep dart + voice coms = dead doom

Like…come on.

WELL THEN…they should remove game sense and walls from the game.
It’s not fair that someone who spends more time at something should be better.

Wait…

4 Likes

Never knew Doomfist was a sniper.

Now you do.

1 Like

What bugs does DF has?

Thats not a sniper, if he truly was a sniper he would have killed Widow without moving from the platform above the choke

He got next to her and then killed her, just like D.va, Winston and Genji and any dive hero do

3 Likes

I see this thread has degraded into ridiculousness. No, doomfist is not a sniper. Yes, 20m is long for a one shot melee ability.

I just don’t understand the issue.

Hanzo can one shot from any distance with unlimited ammo. Has a burst fire ability that can mow down tanks. Can dash and climb walls to escape.

Doomfist can’t work without putting himself in harms way.

Hammond and Diva can kill 200hp heros just like doom and are much harder to deal with once they are on you than doom. If you can avoid rocket punch you have a chance.

Alright guys, be honest. How many of you actually made it past the first paragraph? Like seriously read and considered what was written before posting?

He can’t

Genji is way more frustrating. Sure, Doomfist will get me every once and a while but he’s way easier to handle then a decent Genji.

his CC can be stopped by other CC

pick mccree

ez

I prefer Hog. Nothing he does threatens me and I can shoot his fat face through the entire combo. Oh you think your going somewhere?

Sorry pal, my friend Mr.Hook here says we ain’t done just yet.

Snipers kill in one shot, and all you did was a combo( which was nice btw). Therefore, Doomfist isn’t a sniper.

bro mccree is the big counter cuz when doomfist sees hog hes like ‘uh oh i gotta swap’

but when he sees mccree he stays on doomfist no matter how hard he gets flashed in the bang

I really disagree. I think the concept is amazing. I think that without those kind of experimental leaps, OW would have been a very stale experience.

We have a FPS, everyone and their dog has played one by now (I would hope.)

Lets put a Tank in that has next to no Range, but he’s a beefy guy with a massive hammer all suited up and he kill by hammer or pinning people against a wall.

AWESOME.

Lets put in a literal CYBER NINJA. The Trope is so resonating, his Sword isnt even the main part of his kit, but we will all remember it for the rest of our lives.

AWESOME.

Lets put in a tribute to fighting games! Blast people into a wall and they die! Juggle combos! This is like SF and Mortal Kombat from when I was a kid!

AWESOME!

The whole problem with Doomfist, is that the ‘right way’ to play him, removes his vulnerability, or mitigates it anyway, to a HUGE degree. If he had to be in and brawling, like if his abilities unlocked after a successful punch or something, then he would be more balanced. As it is, especially with a Zarya, he can literally delete someone, and zoom out, because his mobility is so high, its like he’s an Assassin, but also does massive spike damage, with the mobility to escape, and oh yeah, a bunch of health.

Loved to play him on release, but now that the ‘right way’ is flying around off of buildings and ledges? ZZZZZZzzzzzz…

15 sec of set up, map knowledge, RP cancel. 2seconds flying time. If a widow did the same move she’d have gotten the kill, with just an headshot from spawn choke.

*people argue he’s not that oppressive / call out OP’s BS*

Kappa.