Doomfist feels fine to me

Both were E’d, only Mercy was E’d and Shifted. The moment Slam hits you it can be broken if you have mobility and she got out due to GA.

I think if your play resembles that of someone who is braindead you should be punished for it. I think if a DF decides to risk jumping into 6 people like a braindead DF would he should be rewarded for the risk.

Don’t tell me about Doom when you have absolutely no time on him. I played him since PTR to live to nerfs up until the release of Hammy.

He became Meta when brig came into the game and got Genji and Tracer out. When high damage was required to get thru Brig’s ult and Hanzo and Pharah started being played more. Her ult got nerfed Hanzo got nerfed Mercy got nerfed and Ana got buffed. DF came in then and here we are.

Pharah is Doom in this scenario bud.

Yes, he can delete a 1 trick Ana who can’t aim her dart or land Grenade on his giant hitbox while she’s in the air. Very broken like bd players being able to use a char due to the size of their accessibility bubble.

You shotgunned one of them. You got a free kill with it. You should not be able to get two free kills with it. Get over it.

Yes, tell that to the world cup players.

You know, overwatch’s website only shows quick play and this season comp right. Not arcade, not previous seasons.

Now you’re arguing doom became meta because of other hero’s that aren’t Ana. dude, at least be consistent.

You do realize the one shot meta happened before the buffs to supports, right?

You have no idea what a false equivalence is, do you?

Lol, now you’re just getting salty.

Lol, yeah a free kill on a pocketed Mccree.

No, I’m telling it to you since you’re the one trying to justify being that type of player.

I doubt I could take your input seriously regardless. I’ll pull you up on overbuff though.

That’s what a meta shift is called buddy

Doom wasn’t widespread in the meta till after Brig’s release. Trust me, I one tricked him just like you one trick Ana.

And I think the point went over your head.

Plats on Ana always tilt me since Ana use to be my main, back when she took skill

1https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/KazTehOne-1516/heroes
Not seeing a lot of DF in here buddy

This. I played a little Doomfist today, and to me he still gets the job done. Of course, you have to work a little more for the kill, due to the fact that people can now strafe in all his non-stun abilities now, but other than that. He seems solid.

I think Blizzard will end up buffing him later on, but compromise it with a nerf somewhere.

See, you genuinely believe you’re entitled to free kills. What’s your rank anyway? I’m genuinely curious.

Yes, the type of player that a doomfist can delete immediately without any form of counter play from across the map, so much so that Agilities and Mangachu were both nearly unstoppable on Doom. Every clutch moment was due to a doomfist in france vs canada. You believe i’m trying to justify bad players. I’m telling you even the best players weren’t immune to it, and how ridiculously broke that is.

??? overbuff show’s the same stats. wutlol.

that’s… not … a meta shift… at all… and it has nothing to do with your “ana is the reason doom was meta” argument. How have you moved the goalpost this far only to sink further away from the original point.

Pretty sure doom wasn’t widespread in any meta. Even during the one shot meta he was situational, with Hanzo and Widow being the go to hero’s.

No, i think you genuinly have no clue what a false equivalence is, since you’re comparing apples to oranges in the form of a hero who can play around their counters, phara… and a hero who can only be countered after they get value, doomfist.

Oh so you are plat after all. No wonder your mad about the doomfist nerfs, They made his playstyle honest since he actually has to track the hero’s he’s suspended in the air to finish them off now, and has to initiate from closer. You relied on forgiving hurtbox’s setting you up for kills.

also lol. I literally just said overbuff shows the same quickplay and this season comp stats. it doesn’t take into consideration arcade or previous seasons. You’re looking at the exact same info as the overwatch website.

Ps. you confirmed my suspicions when I called you biased earlier.

The nerfs were okay except for the E nerf. That was just downright retarded.

I have to disagree somewhat, not regarding on how bad the E nerfs are but how the nerf to the Ult was okay.

Even the example here shows it needs a combo with a CC to be effective. A DPS Ult should be able to secure a kill on its own. The nerf totally removed that.

If they wanted to be fair, they should have just reworked the Ult. Its satellite cannon nature will never be fair to its targets since you can’t fight back.

But the nerfs is not fair to the user either. A combo Ult or CC should enhance the kill potential of DPS Ults not be a requirement to make it effective.

If hope they rework the Ult sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I understand what you mean. While I do think his ult sucks as an offensive tool, the previous iteration offered no counterplay for Ana and Zen. And I am not sure if reworking it entirely is a good idea. I think it’s extremely valuable for dealing with Pharah; you may be familiar with how T500 players use it to position themselves at a high point to deal with Pharah. If they were to rework it, it would also have to provide incredible vertical mobility for Doom. I think the ult is close to being balanced if they just decrease the charge requirement to 1125.

But as for E…it’s now utter trash. Geoff Goodman…this guy is really clueless.

1 Like

I dunno bro, I just don’t think its a good idea to keep the Ult as is just to have a counter play to one hero while being bad against everyone and isn’t the combo against airborne Pharah kinda dead now because of the nerf to UP?

What do “earned kills” look like in plat exactly?

First and last time I played comp S5 I hit 3700 on Mccree. Hanzo then Doom main btw

You only believe this to be true because you’re ignorant about the char. No point in constantly repeating, you’re stuck in your plat bubble.

Didn’t watch all of Canada’s games. All I know is that XQC got hard carried by surefours Sombra. Think I’ll make some nerf sombra threads after Ana gets some nerfs.

Yes, you don’t have any time on Doom as suspected.

Is that a plane? Brig caused the meta to shift. Prior to that it was Dive. Until Brig’s ult got nerfed it was Hanzo+Zarya. Then Hanzo got nerfs and Mercy dmg boost got fixed for dragon. Mercy eventually got nerfed and Ana buffed back when they did that support patch. Thats when Ana got played more and around that time Doom got a +5 shield buff. Go read the patch notes

He was situational because Genji and Tracer were in that meta along with Widow and Mercy. Mobile characters

is that a 747? You’re complaining about Doom dumping on nonmobile chars in which he counters but you wouldn’t a Pharah that’s going up against ZERO hitscan. What does that have to do with Pharah playing around her counters? There are no counters if there are no hitscan. It’s like you don’t read.

And no, you don’t have to wait for DF to get a pick to counter him. That’s the ignorant part speaking and I forgive you for it, since this conversation will be over pretty soon.

Same thing will be happening with Ana soon. “Why does Ana still have the accessibility bubble w dbl the ammo? What is Mercy’s role if not sustain?” :slight_smile:

Mhm k

And you confirmed mine when I looked at your profile. At least I have multiple chars over 100+ hours. I can play multiple chars at a high level. You though? GL whenever Ana sees nerfs

You do realize i’m diamond right, like… consistently. I’m not sure who your trying to fool here, My profile is open for everyone to see.

I can only take your word for that since you don’t have your profile open, but it’s actually kind of hilarious your anecdotal evidence is coming from… quickplay… and arcade. I’m sure you know exactly what your talking about in terms of meta’s and comp.

No i’m pretty sure world cup’s video evidence is proof enough to my claims.

So you don’t even keep up on pro play, and you don’t play competitive, but you’re adamant on your knowledge of meta’s. Alright sure lol.

Hey if that’s what helps you sleep at night.

Do you even remember your original argument or are you just saying words hoping they make sense at this point?

Tracer… and genji… weren’t meta in one shot meta… You would know this if you actually played comp, or payed attention to the pro scene… which you’ve admitted you don’t on both accounts.

God you have moved the goalposts so far away that I can’t even be bothered anymore. Jumping into 6 people and picking off a main healer before anyone has a chance to do anything is broke, end of.

Phara is not Doom. Phara can be countered before she gets value, Doom can only be countered after. False equivalence. Get over it.

You literally have admitted to having no clue how he plays in comp or pro. Your entire argument is from bias. You can not say this in good faith.

I’m also like 98% sure you’re lying about what elo you’ve placed given your qp hanzo is in the 48 percentile and your doom is in the 38 percentile. Like, those are just above silver numbers. Overbuff doesn’t even have a record of your last comp sr that you played, which basically means you never have played comp.

You actually don’t have a clue what you’re talking about, so this conversation is over.

1https://gyazo.com/ce4adb08c189f4ecf5726e0e2be54522

K bud

I stand corrected, assuming that isn’t photoshopped. I’m just wondering who carried you given your hero scores.

Wow, this hasn’t aged well.

I do respect his opinion, however other doomfist players like Chipsa, Brandito and DanneddOTP (Rank 1 Doomfist on ladder) are not happy with his current status and are saying that he requires buffs.

Junkrat, Dva, Rein, Genji can almost wipe your entire team with their ults. Doom mostly used to get 1 kill at a time. Sometimes 2 when 2 people standing together but mostly his ult was used for either one person at a time or escaping.

3 Likes

So, this may come off as strange, but did you play starcraft and post on those forums too? I seem to remember a Doncroft over there.

Yeah, Ive seen him absolutely tear up teams. So anyone who is complaining about him being bad… just isn’t good enough.

dont bother talking to him about this

to him chipsa, brandito, and dannedd are all biased doomfist mains with an agenda to be “pro-doomfist so they keep their place in ladder”, that i guess he thinks they only got because of “abusing doomfist” cause they have no other real skill

but at the same time he has the audacity to tout hydrations word cause i guess he dosnt have an agenda :thinking:

3 Likes

lot of times it was just like this… (this is post nerf but its pretty the same)

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedAmazonianCodSoonerLater