Doomfist Bug Report: We've Had Enough of the 40+ Bugs

We all know Doomfist is severely buggy, we’ve known this for approximately 9+ months now, and unfortunately a lot of his major bugs still have not been fixed. Through the combined efforts of the Doomfist mains of Overwatch we’ve compiled a video of ALL of Doomfist’s bugs both major and minor into a video.

Here is the video in question featuring 40+ bugs…
Sorry in advance about the audio in some sections :confused:

A lot of these bugs are also listed on several threads from a while back done by iSinner.

Devs, if you watch this video please don’t just skim through it. There are a metric ton of bugs still plaguing Doomfist and we all lose so many games because these bugs still exist and honestly we’re incredibly sick and tired of it, it’s especially painful that majority of them have been known for so long too.
I think I speak for all of the Doomfist players (and possibly even the community at large) when I ask that a single update to be pledged just into bug fixes. Not just for Doomfist, but the entire game. Doomfist is definitely not the only bugged hero but he certainly suffers the most. Please, the amount of bugs in this game is beyond ridiculous now, we are long overdue for fixes.

EDIT: Please note that Rocket Punch Bug #2 was a result of Mercy being punched into a health pack before impacting the wall. The editor failed to notice during footage review and editing :confused:

92 Likes

Please Blizzard, wake up :pray:

6 Likes

Come on Jeff, u can do it !

4 Likes

Don’t know if it’s included in your video, but if your seismic slam lands on top of somebody (i.e. you land on their head) it does 0 damage.

5 Likes

Players serve diagnoses on a silver platter, and I’m not sure if they are being looked at…

4 Likes

Regarding the DF ultimate, can you scale over a Mei ice wall using right click when you’re NOT trapped in a corner like that, like if it’s a Mei wall out in the open? I honestly had no idea about the right click. Also on Oasis I was scaling the ultimate target over the pit and the target went down there and I couldn’t get it out so it was wasted.

2 Likes

Looking at threads that every day 5 new threads are popping up with “doomfist is op, nerf him”

or the comments people make on Reddit about saying that none of it are bugs

I dont think this will ever get enough attention to get fixed.

2 Likes

jef pls fix my characr pls

1 Like

big yikes

Bliz cant even get any of these fixed

Let’s go with these corrections, Jeff.

Good to see compilations like this. Keep up the good work so hopefully they’ll be able to use it as a resource.

Will comment that Rocket Punch Bug #2’s example was probably because she got pushed into the small health pack before impact to the wall. So she got hit by the full charge RP, then recovers health from that via the small HP, then hits the wall taking additional damage.

1 Like

As Sombra main I think I know why bug #9 happens its because if you hack doomfist and he uses a movement ability hack breaks even if he stays on LoS so hack breakes through your movement (withs is a bug that got confirmed) before you do dmg to her amd because hack only goes on cooldown when dmg breakes the hack goes on no cooldown.

Im not sure right now about what is kf you hack others and get rocket punch but I think I do remember having a cooldown then. (Not 100% sure tho)

As a DF main these bugs are annoying me I didn’t even know these bugs existed till I saw this video and I had the no damage Seismic Slam happen. C’mon blizzard y’all gotta fix this!

1 Like

As a DF main, the extent of these bugs are extreme, especially on the new deathmatch map…

1 Like

Just a small nit-pick about the video, for rocket punch glitch #2 8 min 30 sec in. You(or whoever) punched mercy through a mini health pack giving her an extra 75 hp, making her effective hp 275, so the 250 damage punch left her at 25(making the clip a bad example of the glitch). Edit: oops im blind someone else already commented on this.

Anyway, good post and I hope all of these get fixed or at least acknowledged some time soon.

The second slam “bug” is just the way the engine processes slam/shatter, if you look carefully, you can see there isn’t a straight line of sight from the origin of the slam to the tracer( the hitbox of te slam stops at the frame of the door, but the animation goes around it), therefore, it doesn’t trigger the dmg.

The Fourth rocket punch bug is indeed you missing the McCree, if you play back the video at .5 speed, you can see that you released your rp before aiming at the McCree.(And the clip you showed where you punch the mercy instead of the zen is explained by the fact that mercy was right next to you when you punched.

For the Uppercut bug #1, you either were too far, or you can hit someone with it unless it’s the first frame of the animation, because if you look carefully again, you used the uppercut while not looking at McCree, then you turned around, therefore it couldn’t have touched him.

The first 2 clips shown in rocket punch #8 do not represent this bug, because it may look like they took damage from hitting the wall sideway, but in fact, they are sliding off of them and hitting pieces of geometry behind them( widow got pushed back into the “ceiling”(I don’t know what to call it) behind her and doomfist got pushed into the doorframe behind him) though zen/hanzo probably should’ve died.(although I think hanzo got saved because of the rocket punch bug#7, since I can assume that the person that got punched behaves in a similar fashion to a punching doomfist)

Punch bug#9 might be like that because it stuns the target, you should try to do something similar with McCree, Reinhardt or Brigitte to see if the same result happens.

Punch bug #10: You hit the doorframe

For uppercut bug #2, I think it can only hit a target on the “first” frame of the uppercut(though I don’t play enough doomfist to know that) so if you hit something while you are going upward due to the uppercut, it won’t register.
Also, the situation with the rein and the hanzo is quite different from one to another, the hanzo was walking away from you, while on the second clip, the rein was falling toward you because of the slam.

Uppercut bug #3 the hanzo used lunge(hinted by the great amount particles around him) as he was getting pushed into the air, therefore he kept his momentum and flew in the air.

Uppercut bug #4, I think mercy’s gardian angel overrides any knockback abilities, since I can say the same thing happens when she gets booped by Lucio or Pharah

Ultimate bugs are explained by how OW geometry registration works.

Passive bug #1 is explained by the fact that you died before the ability hit them, since slam works like shatter, it’s as if rein uses it then dies but still manages to stun the people that killed him

Unknown bug #3 and Slam bug #5 are most likely related. I think it happens when you try to do a direct slam, but you “can’t” land anywhere since you don’t have the “cursor” to indicate where you’ll land.

Unknown bug#4 you still had a bit of momentum of the punch and you got stuck in a piece of geometry(Aka a slope in the wall) it the same for the slam bug #6

Unknown bug#5 is the same as Slam Bug #2

Thanks for reading this and sorry for any mistakes.

2 Likes

Seismic Slam
A couple of the seismic slam ones seems like it just has to do with something being in your way. Like at 3:05 it shouldn’t be physically possible for you to go where the indicator is going.

7:01 the indicator shows your expected trajectory, it’s not going to take into account random obstacles that could be in your way.

In both of these instances, I’d consider it a bug and broken if you actually slid around these objects and went where the indicator said.

Rocket Punch

As for that Rocket Punch bug at 9:30, I think that’s just the hitbox of RP. Kinda like how firestrike can hit someone who is standing to the right of Reinhardt, it’s still weird though.

Unrelated to bugs but the audio goes mega quiet around 14:22-15:40

I also think it might be a good idea to add timestamps in the description for all the numbered bugs, if a dev sees this it’d make it super helpful for them to look through and keep track of

Other than these I think this video is a great collection of the bugs and I’m happy to bump it :]

I sincerely hope the devs see this but we’ll probably just get a response to some dumb thread about Rein’s favourite colour or something

1 Like

Still no word on DF for the new Ptr notes. Sigh… But Rein’s shatter is finally getting a makeover.

Anyone had a chance to look at DF in Ptr? Does his slam work better? I hear the code for slam is the same as the one for earthshatter

I have been maining Doomfist for awhile now on Xbox. I can confirm every bug in the video. The worst one I see consistently is his rocket punch going through enemies with zero effect. This happens almost 50% of the time. The other big one is the same problem with Seismic Slam. If you land right on the enemy, there is zero effect. Blizz really needs to increase the hitbox on both these abilities since they are so bugged right now.