Doomfist and....flying across the map

Someone need to god damn post one.

“doomfist slider bug” for google video search for the last year gives you NOTHING.

I don’t get examples of it when I play, but I don’t use rocket punch much.

All of the examples I can find are old, and he has been patched since (to fix it).

The doomfist players are saying it is still there, I need a clear example.

No replicate - no fix.

it should 100% be removed, and compensation handed out if they feel it makes him too weak. this is why doom is so hated despite not really being OP. there’s literally no counterplay to the crazy mobility he has except making the game super unfun by running all CC comps. if we don’t wan’t CC all the time, we can’t just have heros who can already fly in, one shot, fly out have such extreme movement abilities. it is also in no way comparable to the mercy tech because she doesn’t oneshot you while doing it.

Moira, Ball, and Brig have similar interactions with map physics. So this isn’t a Doomfist exclusive interaction but the way the game’s physics interacts with the map geometry.

“Fixing” it would fundamentally change a lot of hero interactions, not just Doomfist.

So it’s probably a change they would be very hesitant to make for those reasons.

Tbh idk why they haven’t patched it, not saying I want it patched but all I can tell you is that pretty much 85% of doomfist techs including this one is impractical, pointless, and useless. From my experience I literally only use 2 or 3 techs/bugs that being the rocket jump(press jump after punch for momentum), turn punch(same thing but turn), and a few balance spots depending on the map.

My guess is they haven’t patched any of dooms techs/bugs because doomfist is a throw pick. Why did they patch moira and brigs? Probably because they were overpowered at the time. Why would they make a useless hero even more un-fun like that doesn’t make sense :joy:

google “doomfist bugs” theres a reddit link with videos

found it, replicated it, raised the bug report.

This is the thread where I posted the videos I used to track the problem. Some of those hits were total bull, and SHOULD have finished them off if they didn’t glance off something first.

Hopefully that helps.

I don’t play him much, but I don’t think that non tech bugs should be in the game.

With an accurate diagnosis of the problem they should be able to get it fixed. BUT…

If they don’t, step 2 is making a fix they can apply in the workshop.

? Anubis Point B lets Doomfist moves up and down freely because of this. Its FAR from useless. Rollouts are generally dumb, but a lot of techs like this are not.

Ok just go sombra or brig, characters that counter the whole roster. If it’s soooo practical please go and play doomfist and tell me how “flying across the map plastering all 6 enemy’s” went

Did your 2 brain cells touch and you went BZZZ? The hell is this crap?

“No counter play to his fast Mobility”
Laughs in:

cree flash , sombra hack, zarya bubbles, orisa gold, sigma rock, Ana sleep, brigs existence, torb overload, reapers wraith, mercy mega jumps, Meis existence, widow grapple, Ashe shotgun, bastion sentry, hogs existence, junks trap, tracers existence, moira fade, sym turrets, phara and echos fly, hanzos spider man

There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to shut down a doomfist other than he gets his resources and when that’s the case the enemy would just be better, better team wins :joy:

Wdym, if doom flying across the map is so good just try it out yourself. And if you struggle against it play one of the many hero’s that easily shuts down mobility :man_facepalming:

Yeah, you see, I don’t give a crap about his viability here.

Imagine we’re talking about Widowmaker and how useful long ranges are, and you come in saying “SHE’S CRAP LOL WTF”.

Its completely irrelevant to what I said.

I agree with a lot of these, but Mei? Help me understand how that works. I’m a Mei main, and while Doom can’t do much to me (iceblock!), I’m not exactly able to do much to him either, except with an EXCEPTIONALLY well placed wall.

Too many mobility powers for me to freeze him, and too much health for me to really snipe him to great effect.

If I am missing out on ways to make people cry as a Mei main, I feel like I’m not doing my job well enough.

So tell me, how do I make Doom mains suffer on Mei?

Mei freezes doom, sombra hacks him, brig braindeadly stuns him. Changes his normal aggressive play style into the most passive thing youve ever seen. Even if you think mei is neutral to him it doesn’t change the fact that 70% of the roster counters him, other 20% is neutral to him and then the last 10% are hero’s he’s actually decent against

I’m not sure how you freeze doom unless he just decides to not use a cooldown to escape.

Sombra / Brig etc? Totally agree, I even mention it that I agree with those… I’m just not sure how you freeze him without the Doom like, MAJORLY messing up in the first place.

Like, engage her without cooldowns kind of mess up.

I don’t think 70% of the roster counters him.

I think Sombra / Brig / McCree / Hog / Zarya, and MAYBE Ana does (weirdly enough). Maybe Junk But the rest? not really.

Doom isn’t easy, but, he has plenty of matchups in his favor.

Why not quote what I actually said???

Seems like I said exactly what you said, except that I added that this counterplay is not fun. Making the game always about picking CC to win ruins the game. Same goes for Hammond, who is very much unfun to go against, but also has a weakness to CC which is also unfun. If his grapple wasn’t infinite, then his interaction with sombra would not need to be so one-sided to compensate, we could make it that hacking him while in ball form does not force him to show his critbox, only disables all abilities including the ability to switch back and forth. that would be fair. with doom, if they nerfed the tech that makes him fly off walls, they could perhaps reward him with something else to be a little less vulnerable.

It’s not fun yet every other hero seemingly has an easy answer to it. But I guess an even easier option is to nerf him into an oblivion

Buddy I play D.Va. It’s no fun trying to make space for our team and both my healers are dead in 0.0000001 seconds because a Doomfist teleported from downtown Tokyo to Eichenwald off a diagonal wall while I was being melted by the enemy team. I have two choices. I can spend all game chasing Doom down every single time and making sure he dies first, or I can lose. How is that fun for either me or the Doom?

Thing is you don’t have to do all that. You have 5 other teammates just tell THEM to do it for you. They aren’t forced into playing 1 character and 1 character only bruh, I legitimately cannot come up with a 6 player comp where at least 4 players can’t do something about doom. If they choose to not switch into one of the multiple doom counters then they’re throwing. Besides this is off topic, the whole point is “why they haven’t patched diags”. When you ask that you first have to ask yourself how practical is it, how easy it is to do, and whether or not it’s something that’s easy to counter.

A sombra holding hack is enough for that, unless they are deaf or playing on 6 tv volume diags aren’t useful for the most part

This was actually enhanced in a PTR update, which means its intended.
Doomfists 1.35.0.0 PTR update - YouTube

2 Likes