Doomfist and Hanzo skill ceiling nerf

Lowering his projectile speed only promotes spamming as his reliability goes down starting from medium range. Also does nothing against ad straifing targets getting headshotted randomly. And does literally nothing against a close-range hs from him as well.

Basically how people who don’t know how to play hanzo can still play him similarly w/o being punished much(they don’t play him reliably anyways); while people who do know how to aim and play him both w/ precision and prediction, loses tons of reliability on him.

Skill ceiling lowered, just because how easy it is for everyone who picks him to know to uppercut-slam escape. That escape is 100% FINE as long as his lethality is not as much as he current possess.

Basically, these 2 heroes might get even more rampant in lower ranks just cuz these characteristic nerfs affects lower ranks way less than the number nerf on mei and bap.

4 Likes

Hanzo’s projectile speed is currently maxed out at 100m/s, so they probably made a typo and meant “max damage”.

For Doomfist, this is definitely going to decrease his skill ceiling, as fast combos won’t be possible and having quick reactions on the Doomfists part will be detrimental after Uppercut. It would have been better if they reworked Rocket Punch to actually address some of the Doomfist complaints.

1 Like

Agreed. As much as I hate doomfist, he should be playable at a healthy way and environment. Nerfing his skill ceiling out of all things is literally the reverse.

So it’s a Mei buff?
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I tested it out. Two body shots still kills Reaper.

If I recall, Mei’s hitbox is actually kinda small, and she can shoot back at Hanzo with pretty fast projectiles, so a little bit.

1 Like

Oh okay. Thanks. I was thinking that if it really was a typo, it meant he could no longer headshot Mei and Reaper. Sounds like that’s not the case though.

1 Like

Imagine u have no way to run away from hook and hack after uppercut now

Yeah I know, I’ve just got that sense of humor about me :wink:

I no, I’ve caught “the winks.”

1 Like

TL;DR This change does nothing. :expressionless:

Oh blizzard… :laughing: :sweat_smile:

I don’t comment on Doomfist. :zipper_mouth_face:

Worse, cuz the players that knows how to play actually suffers more than those who don’t.

1 Like

Agreed on Rocket Punch. This nerf just tells us that they have no plans on doing anything on it anymore.

Nor will he get a better offensive Ult that is not a get out of jail free card.

So they just moved the bar back to Punch Botters and continue to promote bad engagements coz of Meteor Strike escape potential.