Doom has had more playtime in OWL this season than Widow?

Just putting it out there. If not then their playtime has been about equal.

4 Likes

Still too early for statistics, but it would be very lame if it’s true.

3 Likes

How is it lame? Lmao

1 Like

because Widow, love her or hate her, is an archetypal hero: The sniper. That is core to all fps titles and as a result something you would expect to see a lot of, especially as she is the only pure sniper in the game.

Doom is the opposite. He’s a good hero sure but a combo-based short-range mobility shock brawler. That’s pretty specific even if it is good. It would be reasonable to expect that to be played less than a staples like sniper or DPS enhancing healer (Mercy).

10 Likes

Good. I find Widow so very boring to watch.

31 Likes

Still very early.

But I don’t really understand your point with this thread.

Adderall shortage? lol

2 Likes

It’s literally Doom’s meta, not really surprising

12 Likes

I suspect it’s very even…but tilting towards widow after today’s fusion match (unless the 2 earlier ones featured doom - I missed those)

dallas have a lot of that doom time to be fair, because they dont have xzi anymore they have had to improvise a lot

3 Likes

The coverage of Dallas is so funny, like they’re constantly saying how no one can play hitscan :joy:

1 Like

I think its funny how la glads were supposed to be so much better than dallas and dallas were going to be league average and with their hitscan starter retiring a few days before the league they dominate them

I was so wrong

1 Like

well some may argue she had plenty of play in previous owl seasons so its someone else’s turn. let other heroes have a chance :wink:

when i want to watch someone play widowmaker i just watch kephrii. even if hes just a gm player and not owl, dude is phenomenal with widow. real exciting to watch if your a widow fan

Exactly this, just imagine tuning in to watch a fighting game tournament, and the best players are using guns/ranged attack to whittle down the opponents instead of showcasing slick combos.

1 Like

why would it be lame watching hitscan is really boring?

1 Like

Read my previous comment. If watching hitscan is boring why would you even play/watch a shooter in the first place?

Imagine watching a soccer game and think watching people kicking the ball is boring

Let me guess, 2302? You obviously must think aim is the only skill in this game, well it isn’t. Aim is actually the least skillful skill in this game. The strategy of this game is way more interesting to watch is which why GOATS was so good to watch. I would much rather watch good gamesense, ult tracking, abillity usage, positioning and mindgames than Ashe clicking on heads.

3 Likes

What is 2302?

And yeah Goats was so good, it nearly killed the game a few years ago. The most braindead comp in OW history

3 Likes

i wish you could mute the announcers, usually i change the channel just because of them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I kinda agree with you except Goat that was awful to watch

2 Likes