Don't you guys have phones?

Actual children should not be playing this as this is a strategic team-oriented FPS , this isn’t Fortnite lol

9 Likes

The barebones ones are the ones that Blizzard disallowed like VOIP and prepaid. It just isn’t worth it to switch for a video game. Regardless, this thread isn’t for me. I’ll borrow a relatives phone number and deal with having to pester them every time I need to verify through SMS. Many won’t have that option.

18 Likes

I think it varies country to country. I’m sure whichever country you’re from, you don’t have the same mobile carriers that the USA does.

That’s a COOL story. Here’s another cool story.

I bought the DISC version of OW like 5+ years ago expecting to eventually go PC while on Console.

When I did end up getting a PC which was a Laptop such was exclusively HDD and I ended up being forced to BUY the game TWICE.

You gonna REFUND me my Money back cuz OW2 refuses to allow House line # to play the game?

11 Likes

Nah you bought a license to play a game not the actual game TWICE, read the TOS next time, it will save you a lot of headache

1 Like

Probably kids with less than 13 years.

1 Like

I’m tickled such works for you. Such doesn’t work for me. So I can easily see such FAILING miserably when F2P is a HOAX.

2 Likes

In that case im sure their parents have one they can use.

1 Like

yeah i play a quite a lot of them all the others (that i have played) offer to send the code to email.

i could use my sisters phone and pester her im just not that bothered. its all good.

1 Like

My 12 yo cousin already has a phone number for years. The only issue are his dumb parents. Who knows if they let him verify his phone number to play OW2.

It’s more than that-it’s the fact that some pre-pay plans are restricted. So those who do have a phone may still not be able to play cause they’re on a certain plan.

8 Likes

And if the parents play the game also?

5 Likes

you need a specific type of phone? wth does this mean?
i just have a phone, thats all.

I have a phone. I have 3. They’re all Cricket wireless which doesn’t qualify. This is absurd.

20 Likes

I just learned of this NEWS atm & immediately frustrated by such having 2 accounts.

This is a TERRIBLE idea cuz it literally nullified & voided the whole notion of OW2 being a F2P game which is going to DELETE the potential overall Player base numbers via such fraudulent claims.

Which is just foolishness on Blizzards end.

1 Like

That’s crazy. 2 accounts and it’s a terrible idea. Who would have thought someone with more than 1 account will hate this phone requirement.

Crazy.

6 Likes

they aren’t accepting prepaid mobile numbers

9 Likes

I get that but it’s the overall Bigger Picture that is a FAR greater Problem here cuz Blizzard is once again forcing potential Players to BUY a cellular this time around instead of a $60 game.

Whoever thought such was a GOOD idea should be FIRED immediately.

Labeling OW2 as F2P is factually speaking FALSE Advertisement now which will destroy any hopes of OW2 ever going mainstream ever again.

10 Likes

What annoys me far more than the number per se is that prepaid contracts are excluded. Hell, in my home country GERMANY, around 25% of all mobile phone users have a prepaid contract, myself included. Means if prepaid really doesn’t work, OW2 is effectively no longer free if you have to sign up for a permanent contract, because you don’t actually need it just to play a F2P game.

17 Likes

People have phones. They pay $10 a month for a prepaid phone without a 2 year contract. The prepaid phones typically have limited data/sms/minutes a month because that suits them better. I had this for 7+ years.

Post-paid are typically locked in a 1yr or 2yr contract, and anwhere from $50 to $100 a month. Thats a lot of money for some people, and although it includes unlimited talk and text, and typically unlimited data its overkill and people dont pay for what they dont need :woman_shrugging:

I started traveling for work, so I had to switch to a post-paid Verizon phone 3 yrs ago. My phone bill went from $10 a month to $78/mo but hey, now I can play Overwatch 2 :smiley:

14 Likes