Don't rework / revert Mercy

In a similar sense, in the DVa cinematic, DVa flys for far longer than she can in the game

1 Like

Great for you. But that doesn’t address the problem here about glitches, and game design. What makes more sense? A powerful ability being treated like an ult during an ult? Or a nerfed ability being treated like an ult at all times despite being a basic ability?
If it’s an ability, the hinderences on it need to still align with the hero core. She’s mobile, so why does her basic ability hinder her ability to do the rest of her job or kit?
Moreover, what we consider iconic doesn’t really seem to matter. I consider Hanzo scatter to be a core part of his identity due to its use in his cinematic. That was taken out. Why not remove rez? Angels and Valhalla aren’t exclusive to rez lore. Halos, wings, all other things exist. So why does it matter to keep rez just because you like it? Other people liked mass rez. That was taken out. Symms liked photon barrier, that was taken out.
Why are you against rez being either in line with her kit, or moved to a place that makes sense? Because right now, with the glitches and base kit of Mercy, it’s not good in either.

1 Like

The only reason why she was powerful is because Ana, who was S-tier back then and the ONLY second main healer, got nerfed. So, naturally, everyone began to choose Mercy after Ana got kicked down.

Since Ana is meta again, I’d say having a second viable main healer wouldn’t hurt again.

1 Like

I am not aware of any glitches, but Blizzard seems to fix bugs with each release, and hopefully they will fix the ones you are concerned with here in the next release

I find no problems whatsoever with her design

She just needs a new E

Assuming that by E you mean rez - I respectfully disagree

As compared to OG broken Valk? Sure she’s. Nearer to being balanced numerically(although she’s lacking). But she’s been whittled down to unimpactful and bland

1 Like

May I ask what you like about the current rez?

Mercy has a design where a basic ability slows her down significantly despite her design meant to be a mobile hero. Lucio amp it up doesn’t slow him down. Recall doesn’t make tracer run slowly backwards, but Mercy has a long ability cooldown that slows her down significantly despite her core function supposedly made for mobility.
That’s a problem in design. Both in hero hero design, and the exceptions burdened by one hero and not others

I wouldn’t mind the mercy we have now, if her cooldown E ability wasn’t so long or so tedious to execute.
It’s the longest cooldown in the game, and it stops Mercy from healing or functioning in any way for a critical amount of time. Especially since she needs to really pay attention to her healing that can barely keep squishies alive, not to mention tanks.
If only the souls of the dead weren’t so heavy for her to drag from the underworld.
It could be a smooth seamless rez and maybe 20-25 sec cooldown instead.
It’s really hard to be a necromancer with these stats

I like every aspect of it

I have explained that the slowdown is, as I see it, part of balancing what is arguably the most potent ability in the game

I personally dont see it as a problem at all

In a sense, I look at rez as (in part) healing at least 150 HPs (and usually far more) over that period of time

If the target of a rez is Tracer or Baby Dva, she goes from 0 to 150 HP over that course of time

That number goes up if a different hero is rez’ed

1 Like

Well, you haven’t really addressed it at all. You said it’s powerful. But that doesn’t address my examples with widow, Hanzo, Lucio or any other things I mentioned. Instead, you stick to an idea that somehow by saying something is powerful, and you’re fine with it, it makes you immune to backing up your logic.
I agree, rezzing a teammate is powerful. Conversly, so is killing an enemy player. Should widow be unable to scope kill because it’s too powerful? Why or why not? And how does that play with Mercy? If the argument on your end is widow is op and scoped shots shouldn’t be, I’d be fine with your view. You like a slower , more deliberate game. That’s fine. But that’s not what you are giving in your argument. It’s just,
Mercy is fine. I like her. Reverts and reworks aren’t necessary because I think she’s fine.

Which , great for you. But it doesn’t devalued my argument of game and hero design, or the standards placed on Mercy compared to other heroes.

2 Likes

I feel I have backed up my logic

I have not stated that I like a slower game

I mean, you seem to be big on what blizzard considers to be official tho. "Factually, valk is an ult. " Well, factually, rez doesn’t get considered as healing. It doesn’t contribute to her stats, and it doesn’t build ult charge. So, by using her ability, she is forgoing her job as a healer in blizzards logic.

2 Likes

Where?
Because I don’t feel like you actually have contributed any kind of discussion beyond nitpicks.
And I’ve explained how.
And I said ‘if you liked a slower game’ as an example in the context of my retort.

1 Like

Is it the risky feeling you get while reviving someone?

Because it keeps the “flow” going?

Because you just like reviving people?

I’m genuinely curious about what people like about this ability.

I agree that rez is tracked separately from healing by the game

It was however stated earlier that she wasn’t healing anyone while rezzing, and I am saying that she’s doing something that is at minimum equivalent to healing, and truly is much more

2 Likes

So you’re not wrong that E Resurrect is incredibly powerful and needs significant drawbacks.

Question for you though, would you be open to Blizzard trying other significant draw backs instead of the cast time and slow down?