Don't Nerf Hanzo

the game tells me he’s a sniper.

therefore he is a sniper.

1 Like

He is the most picked DPS across all platforms, at any elo tier. He is also the most picked hero in QP

1 Like

well,he is viable now. he’s no longer considered a trollpick,so old Hanzo players now feel comfortable picking him without getting yelled at

1 Like

Yes. I think leave the damage per arrow alone.

He has to aim…this isnt a brigetta opaf type thing we are talking about here…

Tinkering with the cooldown for the ability is the best way to go.

1 Like

Hey, Renhardt is my second favorite character, and thus, the storm arrow is very effective against me, but it is one situation and does not justify a nerf.

There’s a point between troll pick and must pick. Currently hanzo is making every single midrange dps hero useless.

Just look at pickrates, hanzo is the top pick dps throughout all ranks. On GM you even see a clear wall between the 6 meta heroes (rein, brig, hanzo, mercy, zen and zarya) and the rest of the cast.

1 Like

Hanzo needs an adjustment, but not a big one. There are two issues that need addressed.

1. Storm arrow should not be able to crit. The speed and damage are fine, but not the ability to crit. This is the same restriction that McCree has on Fan the Hammer, and it’s reasonable and fair.

2. His Ult generation needs to be reassessed to match his improved damage. He is currently building his ult too fast, and it needs to be toned down. The removal of the ability to crit storm arrow may be a component, but it should be in line with other ults, and it currently generates way too fast.

The rest of the package does make Hanzo a good, viable, and strong character, and these changes wouldn’t really change that, but would make him much more reasonable to play against.

Hanzo is a sniper. How about you learn more about your main. I know he’s a sniper because Moira has a weakness to all sniper characters. I know my main’s strengths and her weakness.

again with arguments like “you need aim to use it”

mccree was nerfed even though “you needed aim” to hit shots from a distance, everyone knew how broken he was

hanzo is currently a tank buster while being better at sniping than he was before

how does it make sense for him to retain his sniper like features while he can pressure frontline with his e?

The other characters should probably get buffs before we talk about a Hanzo nerf.

Do you want power creep? Because that’s how you get power creep.

Let me summarize the debate:

Side 1: Storm arrow does too much damage.

Hanzo Main: So you want to nerf Hanzo to the ground? NO!

Side 1: Storm arrow can do too much damage, specially to tanks, we think it is OP and it needs to be balanced.

Hanzo Main: So you want Hanzo to be F tier? NO! NONONO!

Side 1: We want Hanzo balanced, we just think storm arrow does too much damage and it gives too much value. We think a small neft could help some tanks be a bit more viable.

Hanzo Main: Why do you want to delete Hanzo? NO NONONO!!!

7 Likes

That’s not how it is. Most of us agree to tweaking, but not completely nerfing him to the ground. We have Brigitte to think about, so once she gets nerfed, other heroes will actually have a chance at countering her, making high-ground heroes less mandatory.

Sorry but Hanzo does need a small nerf. It’s ridiculous that he gets Dragonstrike often twice a minute, sometimes twice in the same fight. I’m not saying reduce his arrow’s speed necessarily, but storm arrows perhaps needs a slight nerf to make it so the ultimate isn’t so easy to quickly achieve for many who play Hanzo at the moment.

If nothing is done then I fear all we’re going to see mostly in OWL is Hanzo combo with Zarya a lot.

I mean he’s less of a sniper and more of a tank buster now
He can take down half of an orisas health with only body shots

I agree. the character i just fun. why ruin that!

1 Like

Because he’s currently not necessarily fun to play against? I remember that argument about Mercy, and now Brigitte I believe. Mercy got her ultimate nerfed into the ground and Brigitte is currently being nerfed. Ironic, but sadly true.

People keep talking about how much damage he does, especially against tanks but thats just his role…
''But he’s a sniper.’’
He’s only a sniper because there’s no other category for him.

3 Likes

Honestly, as a Hanzo Main, I think he does need small nerfs but not to his arrows, these are my suggestions:

• Reduce Lunge distance when moving forward since lunge should be a tool to create distance, not to close gaps into close range
  • Increase Storm Arrow cooldown to 10

The problem is his new ability is an easier version of Fan the hammer that you can coordinate with teammates to melt tanks.

It’s bad for two reasons, benches Reaper and creates the Mcree problem again. Why pick the more mechanical demanding hero (back then really strong Soldier) when you can high burst easier with Hanzo who has better mobility too?

He shouldn’t be nerfed into the ground but his kit has to be toned down like fan the hammer was or hit with a nerf feather like they did to Soldier

1 Like