Don't leave Hog like this

Honestly, not too sure about that. I mostly think of mobility abilities, or abilities you could use to escape grav before it rooted you

Waiting for a perfect storm of ability on cooldown + out of position + everyone elses “save” abilities on cooldown sounds … super frustrating.

Hog’s combo one shots every single hero 250hp and below lol
AND reliably kills Ana and Tracer

Didnt count exact number, but Roadhog’s combo also removes about 450hp from enemy Roadhog lol

Hog couldnt do that before his buffs.

I think the only fix roadhog needs is his stupid buggy chain that prone to go through walls and other obstacles, remove aimbot thing from the chain, make the chain projectile smaller for gods sake lol

The hook buff allows him to consistent kill a squishy again. He’s fine.

1 Like

That wasn’t the point of my post though. Hes not fine if his power is directly on a 8 second cooldown

Hog has no neutral game, or endgame in terms of gameplay. He just has a hook and the ability to feed endlessly.

1 Like

How about don’t leave TANKS like this?

They can’t seem to understand how to balance skills like resource management, aim, positioning, map knowledge, etc with the power of the given heroes.

Agreed. One tank at a time though

1 Like

That’s not really how grav works compared to hook.

Hook is a “stun”.

A “stun” effectively makes your controls go ‘dead’, no movement, no aim, no attacks, no abilities, no reloads. If you were in the middle of an animation the animation immediately cancels.

There’s no such thing as a “half stun” you’re either ‘stunned’ or you’re ‘not stunned’.

Grav is NOT a stun, it is just a continual movement effect continually pushing you towards a point where momentum causes you to constantly overshoot and perform an unstable orbit.

Generally when a continual movement effect is applied to a hero they have their movement go dead so no WASD/thumbstick input. This also seems to inherently deactivate abilities which apply movement and this is mainly to prevent weird bugs where vectors combine

If Hook no longer stunned and allowed you to activate abilities, what about abilities that would block hook?

• Would activating Fade/Wraith cause the hook to break?
  • Deflect would block hook connecting, but if it had already hit and genji activated deflect, would that break the hook?
  • If Rein/Brig raised their barrier would that break hook?

All these questions have been moot as since you’re stunned while hooked then you can’t possibly activate these abilities to see what would happen.

He won’t get buffed at all (in terms of damage) as long as he has this mobile heal.

They reverted his damage in less than 2 weeks. Blizzard doesn’t think that was fine.

indeed, his damage was fine(before), but blizzard buffed him (from 6 to 7 i think per pellets ?) before, when he had a faster rate of fire, and it was fine, but then this random buff arrived, and it led us to these nerfs…

ngl i kinda enjoyed his fast-firing gun before all of this happened

I don’t know if it’s just me or I’m just getting bad luck, but I still get one shot a lot of times as Genji when they hook + M1 + melee. Is it just my bad luck with the pellets RNG?

The fixed spread makes his shots much more inconsistent imo

Yes please buff Hog.

Complete idiots won’t stop instalocking him…FFS at least make him a viable non-throw option.

I don’t care about his damage, just give him a stun immunity while he uses his wape.

I feel like that would be too strong while leaving his issues untouched

Sorry to be harsh but that’s a horrible idea.

2 Likes

I appreciate the honesty

I just feel like people make suggestions sometimes to bring a hero in line vs other heroes (Hog vs others) without considering how that would affect Hog etc.

It’s hard enough to hook Tracer but imagine her recalling out of it. Hog should be able to handle Doom but imagine him breaking out than pummeling you without a hook. Imagine hooking Sombra only for her to translocate then EMP your whole team and you have nothing to stop her.

It would SUCK for Hog players.

1 Like

Hopefully with OWL being over they see threads like this