Don't install Valorant - Hidden root kit

6 Likes

A clickbait, Riot is completely legit. Get over it.

6 Likes

There have been people who posted that says it’s actually causing stutter in Overwatch. Another poster was banned for cheating and he suspects it’s because he installed Valorant, claims that’s the only thing t hat was different on his pc.

Don’t, don’t install it, Just do it at your own Risk.

I take it for a good games easily cuz the only real Danger is 3th party hackers could get into your PC over it. Its just an addiational Attacking spot like Window is or other basically most things that connect to the internet and have Admin right on your PC
Not defending Tencent but they don’t give a crap about your Data aslong as you don’t play on some imporant Company PC xD

You didn’t watch the video. His point is not about the company abusing it. Its about an outside third party hacker using it as a backdoor into your computer.

10 Likes

I actualy watched it before, its not about Riot being shady, guy is talking about possible gateway that someone else one day might use.

3 Likes

Riot is legit.
Tencent…dunno.

3 Likes

basically every Videogame-company has some shady practices going on. It doesnt matter which game or software you install, there is often a hidden spy-ware that is collecting data and information. we cant really do anything about it so we might aswell live with it.

1 Like

Again its not even about it, its about software that can be used by someone outside to get into user system.
I have no info on stuff like that, just saying what it was about as far as i know.

1 Like

Tbh Tencent doesn’t give a crap about your or mine Data.
Not defending them but they just don’t. Everything Intresting to sell to ad Companies has probably already been picked up by google/Facebook etc.
If they are intrested in anything its Company data which most people don’t have on there Gaming PC but be carefull if you do.

And if its really that big of a Problem you should probably stop using alot of things including Blizzard/Activision cuz they own parts of that too, Or Epic or Discord if I remember Correctly.

The problem is about it being an additional spot to get into your PC for 3th party hackers.

What exactly makes Riot legit? Is there something a company can apply for that make them legit?

Edit: Also as in the video stated and you can find online, Riot is owned by a Chinese company.

If a video is posted, you should really watch it before commenting as a minimum prerequisite.

Also: Chinese-owned company is completely legit. The CCP approves of your comment.

Guess this is a forum for Valorant instead…

That would be pointless since everyone on the Valorant forums has already installed the game. Think first. Post after.

1 Like

Why flood the forums further with a topic which almost, btw died already then?

I hate to say this but at this point it’s just considered as spamming.

Riot =/= Tencent

This guy you got the video from is clickscaring people

Valorant is as legit as buying an icecream

I’ve got a Valorant beta key but I haven’t bothered installing yet, so I appreciate the heads-up from the OP.

1 Like

To be fair, Valorant may be causing issues for people playing Overwatch.

I am so glad to see papa muta getting more and more attention/growing