Don't hate on triple dps

its not like it isnt true lmao

idk, i think it may actually happen with the drought of tanks.

Still RQ so it is the same but with extra sidesteps. To clarify, still garbage.

I am gonna try to keep an open mind. 321 comps weren’t always that bad. Sometimes the particular team I played with worked better in a 321 than a 222.

My concern is when that isn’t the case. When you have the feeding Hog. Or when dps players are able to bully your support so bad they are practically trapped in spawn. Or how quickly shields are going to go down when 3 dps are shooting at it.

Back in the day, you could swap to alleviate these issues so 321’s problems were mitigated by being able to play 222 anytime you wanted.

But 321 won’t offer that. So we’ll have to see how the buffs end up.

1 Like

Now that I think about it two barriers worked so well together both heroes in that comp got nerfed to the ground.

What happens when 3 DPS work too well together?

I think I can guess.

1 Like

I hated on 222 before i played it, and still didnt liked it after
I doubt 321 gona be better for me…

It already has been tested. Prior to Role Queue there were almost always 3+ DPS team compositions that saw a lot of tank and support players quit the game as a result.

Personally, I used to be a DPS main but ended up switching to Tank & Support because I was sick of 3+ DPS compositions. If Role Queue hadn’t come along and forced 2-2-2 then I would’ve quit as well.

If Triple Damage ever becomes the norm for Role Queue then it’ll be without this tank/support player.

1 Like

It’s true that having a bad tank will be that much more difficult to work around. Makes me a bit nervous, tbh, because I’ve been trying to tank a bit more but am not great. I will certainly try it, though.

Curious to see how Zarya is going to work. D.Va too

it isnt in the slightest

aren’t you doing the same here?

3 Likes

who would be so silly to trust blizzard’s ability to balance a game?

2 Likes

It’s not that we want to spend money to make the game better

it’s not that i hated it. It just wasn’t worth it and i usually swapped to dps anyway unless both teams were 2-2-2.
Tanking now is so uch more enjoyable.

1 Like

Don’t shoot the messenger. Just pasting the dev response to this exact suggestion.

i’m not shooting you :sob: i was shooting jeff xD jk

I’m just curious what the dps will blame when nothing gets killed :stuck_out_tongue: I kid

I’m ready for massive buffs to the struggling main tanks in addition to changes to the “offtanks”.

I expect we’ll see Sigma and Orisa in something resembling their old states on the Experimental Card. For that if nothing else, I’m excited.

1 Like

I know but honest blizzard being what it is that is just sheer incompetence to not be able to increase that is this gaming era lol

At this rate the game will never be balanced and will be chaos forever. They could do it for overwatch 2 then.

I’m fully expecting the Tank player to face the Toxic DPSes tomorrow.

I expect it and look forward to it.

1 Like

Let’s do it. Whats the worse that can happen? It fails. Whats the best that can happen? It actually fixes a lot of the issues! I’ll keep an open mind thats for sure!

It’s not worth arguing with pro 2-2-2 people that thought 2-2-2 will last forever (since that one time they won over people that liked Classic Competitive). When it’s something they don’t like such as Classic Competitive or 1-3-2, they won’t have it.

Maybe but can it be worse than 2-2-2, map pools and hero pools ? Not sure.

I feel like all these restrictions since RQ could be easier to accept if they were on a rotation or if there was a Classic Competitive mode to be released so people can choose how they like to play Competitive.

The only thing that would appease everyone is a new hero and new map soon. Since Sigma’s release, nothing positive or new was released in the game (except for OW2’s announcement).

I hope Echo is going to be released sometime in April or May at the latest.