Don't Care What Haters Say, I'm Hyped For OWL Tonight

Definitely Fusion. It is my sister’s favorite team. I am a Gladiators fan. However, Fusion is probably the closest we have to a “home team” relative to the rest of the teams. I have family there, at least. Plus it is such an underdog story-line. Who imagined Fusion at Grand Finals at literally any point during the entire season? Spitfire is a bit of a surprise too, they started strong, but fell off. And yet, here they are.

Speaking of martial arts, I have no idea what to do tomorrow. UFC on Fox 30 with the Alvarez rematch and Aldo vs Stephens. I need a multi-window or something.

1 Like

Honestly, the balance is in the casters. If you pay attention, they bring the nerd culture into their narratives the same way sportball announcers weave-in sport-specific jargon. Too each their own though!

Not at all hyped because I have to go to sleep as I got morning shift tomorrow, lol.

I’ve seen his threads and I’m a fan of how seamlessly formatted his OP is formatted. Also, I’m from Wyoming originally so there’s that biased to account for :stuck_out_tongue:

The casters are the ones I find hard to watch actually - it’s like they’re saying nerd things, but they’re saying it in this way that sounds like they’re all talking about football. I’ve watched so many other ‘casters’ on youtube that talk about OW and it seems far more normal and like I can listen to them forever - the casters on OW I have to mute until gameplay comes on because it’s just so forced and cringey, it’s like they’re SUPER HYPED GUYS AND AREN’T YOU HYPED SPORTBALL BIG LOUD ALL THE TIME!

It’s a preference thing to be sure, it just feels very Football-y and I just don’t like it, myself.

1 Like

I’m rooting Fusion for sure, they are a very exciting team to watch and have improved tons. On the other hand you do have our stage 1 champions in London who mopped the floor with both Glads and Valiant after they got their momentum going. Tough call, I wasn’t expecting both of our bye teams to miss out on the finals.

1 Like

Right!? Tomorrow’s fight night in Calgary could probably be it’s own, full-on UFC card. My picks are Alverez, Aldo, and JJ v Torres is a toss-up for me. I think Alvarez could win or lose but I think Aldo will lose. I want JJ to win because a trilogy fight with Rose would be pretty crazy but, I’d also Like to see Torres get a shot in order to give a different stylistic match-up for Rose.

1 Like

I’m a Shock fan myself, the logo reminds me of the San Francisco 49ers. But I’m rooting for London mainly because a lot of my favorite bands are British. Weird reason I know but it’s all I can think of. Hope it’s a good series though.

1 Like

Ya? Which ones? I’m all about some Leppard, Sabbath, Zep … I could keep going lol

wyoming just made the thread, yall should come and join and bring your discussions to there

edit: actually he made it 2 hours ago but im just now seeing it

1 Like

Can we also talk about some of that shade coming from Bedousin, Profit, and Gesture? They basically said Philly doesn’t deserve to be in the finals :scream:

My favorite being Pink Floyd, Then of course Zep, Sabbath, The Who, Maiden, Beatles. Yeah I can keep going a long too lol :metal:

2 Likes

Well…
I don’t like it!
But i hope you enjoy it ^^

+1 :metal: :metal:

Like I said in an early reply, to each their own :stuck_out_tongue: Enjoy your night!

2 Likes

I lost the extremely small amount of respect I used to have for OWL when the paywall-locked Lucio emote was revealed

You do you, though. Have fun.

That spray I can earn from tuning in.

I’m rooting for xcq to make a huge come back and show them who is boss!

I’m excited for tonight’s game!
Rooting for Spitfire, though! Although I won’t be bothered if Philly wins

1 Like

Is this the part where I watch on mute to get the sprays?

What is it, 30 mins or 3 hours to watch

so hype btw

Philly!

USA, USA, USA! :wink:

1 Like