1 person Rez is not the same as a 1-3 person Tempo Rez. An if sh** hits the fan and ones team is about to be wiped (game awareness), Mercy does not have the back-up that Mass Rez was. It’s like taking away Zenyatta’s or Lucio’s team saving Ultimates an giving them a much weaker, in comparison, ultimate that won’t save their team an expecting those players to say “Yep, this is fine.” An putting their team saving Ultimate on an “E” ability, with a 30 second cool-down, Heavily restricted in both movement and cast time (1.75 seconds), an is it only able to save 1 person.
This is what people, an certain people in particular (streamers, Bliz), seem to be missing. Yes, when the Rework came out it was a more powerful Mercy, but it was too powerful. After 15 Nerfs, not all needed in many people’s opinion, Mercy is basically back to Release Mercy without a game changing Ultimate.
Things people keep throwing out against Mass Rez are:
- Hide and Rez was at thing- True, but how often did it REALLY happen? No one outside of Bliz knows because they have not released any info on it.
- There were no counters for Mass Rez- After the introduction of Invulnerability, for the most part, true. However people keep missing:
- Use another Ult after Rez (Ultimate Economy), you know an Ult to counter an Ult.
- Shoot her before she can perform it. This worked very well by the way, with plenty of video evidence out there for proof.
- Mercy is a no aim, no brain Hero- thank you ‘Screaming Monkey’ for that analogy. Sorry but no, Mercy does require aim, especially when her teammates are grouped up, so that she is healing the correct person. Unlike the buff to Ana that allows her to shoot through fully healed teammates to injured ones Mercy has to click at the right time to get the correct person. Not to mention if Mercy has to defend herself and go Battle Mercy.
But not as much fun, being basically reduced to a Pocket Healer for long rang (Hanzo, Widowmaker, Ashe) or flying (Pharah) Heroes. Sure, many people like to think that Mercy was always supposed to be just that, a Pocket Healer. However, with 60hps (which she was originally buffed to keep up with Ana’s release) she could solo heal or dual heal her entire team easier than she can now.
To top that off most of the people who want Mass Rez back are putting in counters which were missing from original Mass Rez:
- 1 second or slightly longer cast time- About the same amount of that Lucio (among many other Heroes) gets to cast his/their Ultimate.
- LoS restriction- Unlike Original Mass Rez that could go through walls.
- No Invulnerability during casting of Rez- A Damage Reduction or an actual “E” ability that helps Mercy get to a safe area after casting, rather than “Rez and Die” leaving the team short a healer.
There were already changed being brought out before Rework went live that people tend to (more like all the time) forget:
- No Rez from Spawn- even though other Heroes can still use their Ultimates from spawn. Not just DPS but Zenyatta can pull his Ult and rush out to save his team, if close enough (2nd point Anubis, end of Gibraltar, etc.)
- Removal of SR exploit from game- which probably would have stopped most of the “Hide and Rez” game play from even occurring in the first place.
Unfortunately both came out only 1 week before Rework release, giving a very short time to see if these changes would have effected game play. An nothing has been released from that 1 week of play if either change reduced or stopped “Hide and Rez” from occurring. While we spent months with an OP Mercy even though it was obvious when Rework went live that it was too powerful.
Seems like a lot of information, which could and probably would show that the Rework wasn’t necessary in the first place, has not been released to the public. Unlike this person suggests.
OH? Where is the evidence that MOST Mercy players were only using “Hide and Rez” and very few were using Tempo Rez? Guess what, that evidence just does not exist, because Bliz has not released that information to anyone. You, an others, like throwing that out but it is a false statement because there is no proof one way or another. Maybe it was like you said, but probably not.
Minor to major tweaks could have been put on original Mass Res to reduce or totally eliminate negative game play from occurring in the first place either came out too late or were never instigated at all.