Don't appreciate the ban

I was playing a game and for the first time ever my connection with OW servers was lost in a ranked game. I was kicked out of a game and logged back in and I couldn’t play another game for being banned for 10 minutes. I only get an hour or so a day to play and I don’t appreciate 1/6 of my day being wasted when I didn’t do anything wrong. And no, I’m never touching that trash toxic joke you guys call “Quick Play” without role lock just to fill the time. So, I’m here doing this instead of playing while I wait. I can handle anything once or twice but I hope this doesn’t become a regular thing for the game.

1 Like

This has happened to me twice!! My endorsement lvl dropped from 4 to 3, and i was suspended for 10 minutes!! I have NEVER quit a game!! Very frustrating!!

Dear Lord,

I hope that some day soon the biggest problem I have will be having 10 minutes in my day where I can’t play comp and that I may be led to believe that the best use of those 10 minutes will be complaining about it on the Blizzard Forums and, further, I can be happily wrapped up in my world so much that I don’t even think about how this mechanic is required to have any hope of reducing leavers in comp. That would be really lovely.

Thank you for your consideration, Lord.

1 Like

Nobody playing video games should shame anyone for having first world problems. Furthermore, thank goodness I’m not so scatterbrained that I MUST think of something “useful” to do with 10 minutes that I earned by working all day.

Dear Lord,

I hope that someday people can understand one day that just because they bring up a problem doesn’t mean that it’s the biggest problem they face and that people with nothing useful to say will grown up, get a life of their own, maybe even move out of mommy’s basement, and mind their own business and stop trolling people for sharing their experiences. Oh and if you aren’t too busy, also that people would realize that even if a “mechanic” is necessary to keep certain other types of trolls away from the game, that if left unchecked, a disproportionate level of these incidents is not good for the game and that Blizzard hopefully appreciates knowing these things because it is not a common experience.

1 Like

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided.

1 Like

Is this “really” a problem? My first PC games took over 10 minutes to load. I didn’t have a problem. I had a privileged life.

1 Like

Exactly why I’m saying something. It happening literally once a year is not an issue but I have noticed an unusually large amount of people “leaving” games at the beginning of them and was getting a bit tilted until this happened. I’m concerned that its went from an unavoidable yearly nuisance to a fixable daily glitch.

I feel you, I’m still 7 matches out from the penalty hole from my game crashing non-stop as I had to troubleshoot it to fix it. A week with a Blizzard ticket, finally ended up being a bug with power settings. The weird thing is I was playing OW find for months after upgrading to Win10. Oh well, I guess it’s just the price to pay.