Don't Allow Backfillers to Leave (Or Punish Them More)

If you’re backfilled into a QP game, you are specifically called to help a distressed team that was stabbed in the back by some pathetic leaver. Now if you ALSO choose to leave, that makes you worse than the original leaver IMHO.

Backfilled players should not be allowed to leave QP games. Or if they do, they need more severe punishments for abandoning their duty.

1 Like

Allow players to choose if they want to backfill or not … how about that?

15 Likes

Yeah. Let’s make players even more annoyed about backfilling and let’s not make them move on towards the next game, but to alt+f4 out of the game completely. But better yet, let’s punish them even harder so they’ll uninstall the game altogether. What a great idea :slight_smile:

12 Likes

There’s already a punishment

They don’t get priority requeue. :ok_hand::face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs:

5 Likes

Why? I don’t want to backfill games that are almost finished with my team getting rolled.
Sorry but why should I be forced to stay?
Sounds unfair.
Let me decide to stay or not

6 Likes

The backfiller’s annoyance is overshadowed by the 5 other players who were abandoned.

Sucks for them, but 5>1.

It’s a pretty common scenario where someone ragequits after they get killed or the team loses a teamfight when the team is otherwise doing just fine. The game then proceeds to enter a phase of nonstop backfillers who join and immediately leave because they “think” they joined a lost game. These backfill leavers are the problem.

1 Like

Maybe it is what you say, or maybe my team is actually getting rolled.
So it is great that we (I mean, backfillers) can decide if we stay or we don’t.
It is not even comp, so this would be unfair.
How about punishing more the peorson who leave the game in the first place and not the backfill

Worst comes to worst a person can just shut off their computer to leave.

1 Like

I’m fine with this. There should be some inconvenience.

I’d rather just punish leavers more. If you leave a game, banned from requeueing for at least an hour. If you don’t want to play, don’t play. If you do, don’t leave.

Fair, it does make it more annoying for them to leave.

ah i see. ur just a troll who makes threads waiting for folks to be mad. lol ur a loser and need a life.

but to answer ur question. that would literally kill the game. not being able to leave a qp would result in afks or alt+f4-ing. either way ur dumb and nice try

get rekt loser. i hope everyone leaves every one of ur games for the rest of ur life lmao

2 Likes

Yes because that’s what I want to do, stay in the match of QPC where my team is being spawned camped with 85% on the control point

2 Likes

Well sorry but since priority pass a reward for backfilling is w8ing whole 8-10 min for next match, so I may as well leave almost lost match and wait same amount of time.

Maybe the one punished should be the leaver in the first place with a low priority requeue on his next game?

Not that I leave when I backfill

BUT

When I backfill I never wanted to be a backfill in the first place.

I queued up for a fresh game… not one that had a rage quitter.

I’ll stick it out to try and win, which sometimes goes really well and it quite rewarding.

BUT

I’m not going to advocate to punish the people that don’t have the time to play OW and only get to play the sloppy seconds of some little angry kids game that wasn’t a free win.

If they don’t want to stay I don’t blame them.

Put the punishment heavily on the original leaver to combat the actual problem instead of punishing the victims of the rage quitters themselves.

Backfilling sucks

1 Like

They could reward players with xp or coins for choosing to backfill

I don’t think many care about XP or credits any more.

Sorry, but your utilitarian view of happiness doesn’t really have a leg to stand on in a completely voluntary activity. You are forcing someone to be a happiness pump (one who maximizes the happiness of others while torturing themselves). That is a special kind of depraved indifference towards others. This kind of policy would have repercussions on the player base such as people quit playing the game mode(s) that have this enhanced penalty mechanism for backfill that leave even if they get forced into a game with 1-2 minutes left in an already lost match.

Your blind rage at the relatively innocent backfill that left is misplaced. Your real problem is the guy that left in the first place. He is the one that is effecting your happiness more. That is the person that needs the penalty; maybe something like they cannot requeue until the game they left ends. Make that a universal penalty and you might reduce the leaver dilemma at all levels of game abandonment.