Done with this game until they fix Ball

You ever stop and think that maybe a significant portions of the playerbase aren’t sitting there raging whenever a ball moves around in a predictable circle? It’s always amazing to me when I hear “ruin the game for 6 other players” about something that doesn’t annoy me or anyone I know outside of the forum.

4 Likes

That is true, which makes me annoyed about my team if I don’t play a hero in that moment that has an ability to stop him quickly.

Fun police is here, you are arrested for having fun as the only fun tank in the entire tank roster.

Seriously tho, it was never broken. If you can’t stun a ball in a predictable manner then you totally deserve it. What this change essentially do is putting an end to many creative strats that makes ball fun to play, set-ups in fun spots no longer work. And the fact that there is no visual feedback on the hook cooldown is proof that Blizzard just hastily come up with this nerf.

Imagine if Lucio have a time limited wall-ride with no indicator. When the time runs out, he just drops to whatever below him.

Imagine Pharah flying without an UI indicating fuel bar.

Not only this nerf eliminates many creative plays, it’s create an anxiety when you’re during hook duration. And if they ever decided to put actual visual 6 seconds feedback, let’s give the limit to Lucio’s wall ride too. It’s the same effect. Stopping long cheesy stalls in low ranks and also stopping creative movement and lower skill ceiling for higher ranks.

Ball already got a long list of nerfs by now. He’s the only reason I’m comfortable with playing tanks but the devs decided to nerf him yet again and buff Cassidy - Hanzo instead. Sombra can hack a ball in half a second and render him useless. Mei can press one button and trap any tank trying to push through choke. Oh wow, I wonder why nobody wants to play tank in this game.

6 Likes

Imagine if Lucio had a constant E up plus booping everyone around him by touching them without a cooldown. I’m not saying it was broken, but he is still one if not the best tank in the game. Play Winston for a few matches and see what the tank reality looks like for other heroes.

The change removes uses beyond spin2win.

Not like spin2win is even hard to deal with.

2 Likes

People really don’t get that this hurts more than just spin2win. I do think there’s a best of both worlds option here though.

1 Like

You need to be more specific with what ‘fixes’ you want.

We all know they have the fingers hovering above the delete key.

Or the “make them a DPS because Tanks are hard waa” button.

1 Like

Its not about that. Its simply because if its near overtime the offense simply can’t change to cc before the defense wins on a hamster stall character swap. That is the reason for the change. Otherwise you make cc characters even more required because you have to run them even if they don’t start with a ball.

You literally don’t need crowd control to hit ball. He’s a massive round target that any player worth literally anything can shoot while he’s spinning around in a predictable manner. Hooking stuff is literally not fun anymore with this nerf, as I know that I don’t have to freedom to stay hooked for as long as I please. Again, done with the game.

1 Like

The nerf shouldn’t even be a thing in the first place.

Is pharah forced to land after 6 seconds if my team doesn’t have hitscan?

Are snipers forced to be within 20m of my team too?

Flankers forced to have their mobility disabled if my team doesn’t run brig?

2 Likes

There are very few scenarios where you actually need to stay grappled for more than 6 seconds aside from spin to win. You still have 3rd person vision as long as you’re in ball form & can accomplish the same results with a quick grapple into the air

can accomplish the same results with a quick grapple into the air

False. Come back after you have a few hundred hours on ball

2 Likes

I still finding out even with six seconds grapple people still struggle to kill him in that time stalling.

Not sure what good that will do considering there’s a 6 second limit on grapple hook. I’d learn him with that in place and not notice any difference. Only time I’ve ever used grapple for longer than 6 seconds is for spin to win on point or pendulum swinging at a choke

Its not that you need it to hit him. Its that he often survives long enough without CC for the team to come back to point. Hes a big target but still cheap stall.

1 Like

One less ball player.

(Nothing of value was lost.)

3 Likes

Less rats rolling around? Fine by me.

Maybe now we’ll get real tank players in those slots instead of DPS players who wanna skip the queue.

There’s actually a lot of reason you’d want to stay grappled longer than six seconds.

For example:

1. You’re in a spot where you can’t build a lot of momentum immediately and need to swing for a period of time until you get the speed/angle you want.

2. Maintaining Roll hitboxes while trying to escape from a situation where an enemy is trying to box you in.

3. Gaining enough momentum to survive being booped off a map.

Numerous examples of how it actually makes Hammond LESS skill-intensive in this vid.

3 Likes

I doubt it since tanks are even more undesirable than before. The devs needs to figure out how to make fun tanks that create a healthy tank player base without the need for Priority Passes.

1 Like

Yeah I’m aware. But there are a lot of DPS players who pick the tank role to have a faster queue and play Zarya/Hog/Ball, and don’t contribute to the team at all because they don’t know how tank strategy works. You’re supposed to play those heroes in tandem with another tank. Not just trying to farm damage alone or go on solo flanks the entire match.

If you get these kind of players in both your tank slots, it’s pretty much a guaranteed loss.

Tanks need to be made more fun, but they also need to be balanced. No Ball player who’s worth their salt is hurt by this change. The incessant malding over it is honestly amusing.