Done playing until this Role Lock garbage ends

I quoted the dictionary to you. Words mean things.

words do indeed mean things

again, I stand by what I stated

I don’t even understand your argument. You don’t get to make up new meanings for words and the say “I stand by that meaning”. If you are going to making meaningful discussion, you need to define words the way the rest of society defines them. This is why dictionaries exist.

clarification: I have not redefined any words

You said that anarchy implies the removal of a governing leader or body. I quoted the dictionary which defines anarchy as a state and does not address the process by which it got there. So you are attaching a meaning to a word that the rest of society does not recognize as being there.

2 Likes

I have already clarified that I have not changed the meaning of a word

I have nothing further to add to this nontopical side discussion

You can’t say a word means something different and then “clarify” that you didn’t actually do that.

1 Like

false, having a “few” or “some” that can only play dps no matter what or change into dps every single game becaue they think they are better than others . never caryng about the team.and destroying so many matches that people stop play is how a playerbase is killing its own game

Not saying 2-2-2 is bad but all the people saying ‘bye’ are being high stupid when DPS is the most popular role in the game by a long shot.

The hope is enough people will switch or put up with the longer queue times, but games need to be popular or they aren’t sold. Time to realize that as well.

The official forums are an echo chamber of negativity, and cannot be used to reliably judge the opinions of the community as a whole.

The best way to judge player sentiment for a major change such as this is to look at total player-hours. We do not have access to that data. Blizzard does have access to it.

Role queue will be reverted If and only if Blizzard sees a significant drop off in total player-hours.

1 Like

I doubt they will revert it. After the Triple tank Meta and Goats I highly doubt they will ever allow more then two types of the same hero.

If it is reverted, it will be for financial reasons, which is me more or less agreeing with Kaawumba’s statement above

I find it hard to believe when we started with four roles, and only 3 healers at launch.

IMO, the original balance was more one of each, plus two wild cards.

yes you maybe find many things hard to belive. but its actualy not hard to find posts or videos of jeff saying that they think 2-2-2 is the optimal and the way ow should be played

The only way to effective climb up is by going DPS , the most poorly played role in the game.

Played nothing but tanks in Diamond and 90% of my games ended with Gold damage/kill as a stupid Winston.

1 Like

Players have climbed with every character

Give me one link, please.

If possible, something that was said before goats was a thing (ie, pre 2018 world cup).

One of his posts on this subject is in this thread:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/why-nobody-likes-3-4-dps-jeff-replied/302637/13?u=spoonman-1184

That line implies anything from 411 to 321 to 222.

I think the link dropping down a line in the editor screwed it up. Try again

1 Like