Dolby Atmos Audio Static/Crackling

I’ve been trying to get Dolby Atmos working on my headset, but when it is enabled, the audio is in surround sound, but there is a lot of static and crackling when too many sounds are playing at once (that’s my guess, it’s a bit inconsistent). This happens almost constantly, with the static stopping intermittently. The more sounds that are playing at once, the worse the overall audio becomes. For instance, the audio is almost unrecognizable when D.Va’s Micro Missiles are being fired. This does not affect my graphical performance, because my game is running stably in terms of graphics at near 60 FPS, regardless if Dolby Atmos is enabled or disabled.

I have looked on search engines as well as these forums and have found no solutions. I did find a post from 2018 with a similar issue, but no solution was found.

My hardware is an Inspiron 5577 laptop with these parts:
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1050 Mobile
16 GB RAM
Intel/Realtek Sound Card
Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.1006

My headset is a Corsair Void Pro Wireless. I have all EQs disabled and virtual surround is disabled on the device and OS end. My iCUE is on the latest version as of this post, 3.19.120. The headset firmware is on 0.15, the latest as of this post.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Howdy!

Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.1006

1. Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 and then running updates again should pick up fixes for Dolby Atmos that may help.

If the issue continues check the following:

• Check the Motherboard Manufacturer’s site for updated sound drivers.
  • Make sure the CPU is not throttling performance. You can run HWmonitor while playing to make sure, if it’s over 80c that is a sign the CPU is throttling. On modern systems the CPU handles sound and that is where static/stuttering will start.
  • Try playing with your headset plugged in just to rule out the wireless signal.

Thank you!

A post was split to a new topic: AgentFelix - Atmos issues

Alright. It seems Windows did not inform me that there was a new version, so I installed it. Also, despite my CPU getting up to around that temperature, the issue has not been present since the update. Thank you for the insight, the issue is resolved.