Does this look like good matchmaking?

Fix your garbage matchmaking, thanks

imgur .com/n9H0CJ3

1 Like

There is nothing here that appears to be in rules violation from this screenshot alone. Yeah the opponents are a 6-stack, but groups are not strictly relegated to the same size (though the matchmaking tries). Given the time of the night and other factors, I would judge this to be a reasonable pairing.

Fun note, you won’t be able to directly identify group stacks when the new patch goes live.

lol. They did that with Hots, it’s bad there and it will be bad here. Putting stacks against randoms doesn’t get better just by hiding the fact you’re doing it

2 Likes

Pretending that a 6 stack vs a group of 3 and 3 randoms is good matchmaking. Okay.

1 Like

And pointing out that it will be hidden once 222 comes.

Don’t worry folks. The ROBOT knows better than you. You get no information. Just play and smile and say “unlucky” when the system screws you.

1 Like

As I said, technically nothing against matchmaking rules, the system tries to pair groups of equal sizes together, but that won’t stop them from doing so. As long as the match as at least a statistically 40% chance for one team to win, it can be played. All the details in the guide here:

Okay, perfect. As long as we’re on the same page and understand that a 6 stack against a 3 stack and 3 randoms is trash. Glad we cleared that up.

1 Like

The way I see it, the team that can work together better will always deserve to win, group stack or not. I am a solo queue player, and I have upset many 6-stacks in my time.

That’s fantastic, really glad to hear it. I have too. Unfortunately, that doesn’t change the fact that this is awful matchmaking.

1 Like

I see you like your job. Nice but saying that it is nothing wrong with it is pretty funny. Yes sure you can win games like that but on the other hand you can also win a lottery. If you are poor and dont have the money … buy a lottery ticket.

My point is: you can say that this is how this matchmaking works but saying that nothing is wrong with it is kinda … well understandable … but funny. 40% against 60% You know how it is called? Unbalanced match done just to not upset people waiting.

2 Likes