Does The Team ACTUALLY Care About Doomfist?

Not comparing here, I also think they need to give more attention to Mei, but at the VERY least they said they don’t think Mei needs much more. Doomfist didn’t even get that courtesy.

1 Like

He is going down the same path as sombra. They made minor changes here and there and fixed some bugs, but until recently they didn’t want to look at making drastic changes. I think they will do the same for DF, but just going to take a bit to get there.

2 Likes

I hope they reduce damage per bullet and increase number of pellets of his hand cannon, feels really inconsistent right now.

1 Like

Like I said, not really the thread for Doomfist balance opinion. I just want information from the Developers.

1 Like

They gave the equivalent update. that you got so :woman_shrugging:

Posted 16 hours ago.

2 Likes

The op already mentioned this. Lots of people are so pessimistic at this point when it comes to doomfist that they believe it’s the “.15 second faster reload” that is on ptr, and only that. Some confirmation that it is something in addition to this would be great. Can you really blame people for being pessimistic after everything that has been going on with the guy?

3 Likes

If it had an increased reload speed AND bugfixes for all his crap AND a hitbox buff? Yeah. I’d be happy as hell. Just because a few top players can play him well doesn’t mean he’s balanced.

3 Likes

Where did they say anything?

I really wish they would make the effort to make him truly viable. Right now its not like he CAN’T be played effectively at all, but it is leaps and bounds more difficult than any other dps charater to sustain with him. He could in theory be such a cool character but blizz seems determined to let him rot. The ammo thing is cool, and the bug changes were helpful but its so pathetically little.

2 Likes

Developer update lol we haven’t gotten a reply about how mei users feel abou Her update since we started discussing it

I have watched all the developer updates and feel like I would remember that sort of info. If you are talking about the most recent, if I remember, Jeff only said they think the primary fire changes will help consistency. I don’t think he said anything about what they think of him.

Let me get you through the doomfist history in terms of balance changes:

• Release
  • 2 weeks later, rocket punch nerf, slam going to HG nerf
  • 6 months later, ammo recovery rate increased from .8 to .65, swapped pellet amount with pellet damage.
  • The end

Patience is not something doomfist didn’t go through already. 6 months for a change that won’t change his position in the game, which is bottom 3 with KD less than anyone but ana and mercy. And that is not average across all ranks only, that is also the situation in GM.

I doubt they will never touch an underplayed hero

It is happening right now. 6 months of nothing followed by a measly change that is mostly irrelevant to his state as a whole.

8 Likes

I say the same about Torb, Sym, Bastion, Reaper etc.

We know they plan to more heavily rework Torb and Sym. Jeff even posted on a Sym forum recently.

Feels like they go out of their way to avoid doomfist threads.

1 Like

yes but we don’t know how…it could just be another band aid in the end.

I really need to know how they are changing.

Literally anything could happen at this point.

1 Like

There are a few reasons to not respond to them

1. They didn’t see any of them, that is highly unlikely, but a possibility
  2. They don’t want to respond to them, for a reason i don’t comprehend
  3. They don’t have anything good to say. They can’t just say “well we didn’t fix any bugs and we didn’t look closely to his situation so we have no clue what is happening to him”. They just can’t do that.

So pray it isn’t number 3.

2 Likes

To be fair, the entire community forced Doomfist onto the dev team because we created artificial hype for little to no reason. That also includes the Terry Crews stuff.

So I’m almost certain the dev team has no clue what to do with him.

1 Like

They are currently working on him and are obviously not going to give any specifics at this time. Stop being entitled to every bit of information Blizzard has.

1 Like