Does Overwatch have a problem with Windows 10 1903?

Hello everyone

I recently installed the latest version of Windows 10, 1903 (May Update). Since then, I have occasionally had large drops of FPS that slowed the game down considerably to the point of making it unplayable for a few moments of the game.

I’ve noticed a lot of people complaining about drop FPS since the last update of the game. Exactly, I reinstalled Windows 10 1903 at about the same time as the game update so I don’t know if the problem comes from Overwatch and its last update or Windows 1903.

Do you know if Overwatch has a compatibility problem with Windows 10 1903?

Considering the number of people affected by drop FPS since the last update of the day, have you located the problem to solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. I don’t have any Razer devices or software as I can see a regular problem with that.

1 Like

There could be background processes that may interfere, outdated graphic card drivers, and more. First work through standard troubleshooting steps if you have not already:

Also be sure to check over my guide here for some advance tips and tricks to maximize your performance of the game:

Thank you very much for your answer.

All my settings are good. My drivers are updated. I tried disabling / enabling the Full Screen Optimization mode but it doesn’t change anything.

Isn’t the problem coming from an update of Overwatch?

P.S. I take advantage of your knowledge to ask you.

Is it better to Enable or Disable Full Screen Optimization?

Usually I disabled it but I’d like to let it activate so I can use the Game Bar. Does that hurt Overwatch?

Hello everyone, I can confirm 100% FPS drop comes with latest Windows 10 1903 update, I have a brand new PC with 2x rtx 2080ti in SLI and I had 300 fps on 240hz monitor, now I barely have 190 with drops to 140… What should we do, please help!!!

Depends on the system and setup, but try running both to see what is more reliable for you. In the past, the built-in Windows Xbox features have been known to cause issues with non-Xbox games like Overwatch, however, there has not been many reports about this in a long time.

Please see my guide linked in my post above first if you have not already. To prevent confusion, please start your own topic if you need further assistance.

There are apparently a lot of problems with Blizzard’s interface with Windows 1903. In my case it’s sound issues only. My sound card (Asus Strix Soar 7.1) functions perfectly within Windows 10 v.1903. The card is recognized just fine, and I can even specify within the sound settings that apps like Overwatch use this sound card. However, within Overwatch options, my sound card isn’t recognized, despite my having set my Windows audio options as mentioned. It’s only because of OW that I reverted back to v.1803. Since all my other applications recognize this sound card just fine, I have to conclude that the fault lies on Blizzard’s end for not keeping pace with Windows updates.

Well, I’m having Windows blue screen crash. I’m going to try to revert to 1803… :disappointed_relieved:

Same symptoms for me on an older machine. A revert of the windows version resolved the issue.

Does anyone know if this is a problem on Blizzard’s end or Windows? I’m still running v.1803 but now getting messages that it’s near the end of its lifespan. I still don’t understand why Overwatch doesn’t recognize the existence of my sound card within the v.1903 Windows update, yet every other application on my PC does perfectly.