Does LFG effect SR?

i know you used to earn less sr with 6 stacks. If that’s still a thing does it effect LFG six stacks too?

no, Scott M. made an official Dev post saying that it does not. 6 stack your heart away :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scott Mercer’s post that Tactician is refering to also explains that groups (of any size) have never had an affect on SR gains/losses. Check it out:

2 Likes

It doesn’t as long as your sr matches the teams average sr, so if you q with people way lower than you it will impact your gains/losses.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’m not sure about that. There are four things which determine SR change after a match:

1 - If you win or lose.
2 - Your win probability, which is calculated as a team, not individually, before the match begins.
3 - How confident the game is of your SR. E.g. if your SR does not match your MMR it will compensate by giving you more or less SR. Or if it’s a new or disused account it might make larger adjustments.
4 - If below diamond, your individual performance.

If you drag the team average up so high that the match maker gives you a high probability of winning and then you lose, you will obviously lose more SR than normal. But the whole team would lose more than normal (ignoring individual performance adjustment), not just you. That’s just the system working as intended.

And the obligatory anecdotal evidence: I often queue with people much lower than me and my gains/losses are the same as when I solo-queue. Well, sort of. If I play with my bronze friends I generally gain a lot of SR because the average ability of the opposition is so much lower and I get large performance based bonuses.