Does league of legends ranked have anything you'd like to see in overwatch?

Yes, it all comes down to: There can never be any reasonable/theoretical level of integrity in online multiplayer games. If it’s 1v1 you can always hire a professional to play on your account. And then you can never stop people from losing on purpose.

In practice, the level of integrity is tolerable.

I don’t think online competitive multiplayer games will ever have integrity for the next 100 years.

1 Like

Ok I didnt know that. So its even easier than I thought.

Yea it would be really cool if they added a system where you queued for multiple roles so your team is always balanced…oh wait

That is for sure, so why are you so aggressively pointing out on forums that blizz sucks because it cant achieve something anyone cant really achieve? You know that people can hack even in LAN tournaments. Ofc they make it hard as possible (and tbh in the past like 5 years ago they didnt even really try expect like say its not allowed and hope people wont cheat), but its impossible to prevent it 100%.

1 Like

I’ve already come up with multiple QoL features that would enhance the ladder experience. I’m just wondering what other games do. I don’t play anything besides Overwatch and Rome: Total War. So I was wondering what other multiplayer games had to offer.

What I remember from your posts they are kinda useless, but maybe you have come up with something new. Please entertain me.

2 Likes

if you can’t find the value, that’s a burden you’ll have to bear alone

1 Like

That wasnt really a suggestion for ladder QoL, but ok.

2 Likes

Nah, they’re not alone.

1 Like

so I’m still looking for QoL features that online multiplayer team based games have to enhance the quality of the rated experience, that could be used in Overwatch.

Think of it like this, what if Madden 2020 had 11v11 online matches. How would they solve the problem of getting people to play right tackle for 2 hours.

and also if there were an online game 100v100. how could you not use PBSR?!

6v6 online multiplayer games such as Overwatch may never achieve the integrity of playing hockey with your friends.

Is your suggestion PBSR or what? Because there is.

1 Like

would you be interested in talking about this over voice comms? I think it will be more efficient.

Just give some suggestion here. At least like one (not PBSR because there is already).

1 Like

There are no game similar enouigh to overwatch that do anything better. Well, actually there are not game similar enough, except maybe paladis to a degree and that does most things worse.

1 Like

do you have experience with League of Legends? It’s the longest lasting most popular team based online game. I’m assuming there is something fundamental they are doing that Overwatch is not. I could be wrong though.

fundamental as in; public MMR formula, better LFG. I don’t really know and again, I could be wrong.

i have and it has nothing in common with overwtch, not really.

hero bans that are random selected.

So you don’t want to force ppl to play maps they dont like BUT you’re happy to force ppl to play hero’s they dont like cause you banned their favorite hero…

well they are very similar in the aspect that they are both team based online games. the root cause to many of the complaints about the competitive overatch experience on the ladder

It would likely be 2-3 placement matches before that kind of % delta would no longer or very weakly interact for the remainder of the season. It is acceptable to face outside ranks 2-3 times during placements, but totally ridiculous experiencing rank-mismatches multiple times per night because the same smurfs didn’t get seasonally (re)ranked properly.

We want them to be fit-for-purpose. Placements should matter in terms of quickly changing your place on the ladder. If there is a leaver, the placement would have to adjust for that. If they can’t actually help in (re)ranking people, why are they even there.

Because certain action sequences result in value adding outcomes and others do not. Just like weird moves in a chess engine that lead to lategame chances/success. In the worst case, if you really had to, you could use heuristics (mined or guided by experts) to characterize a shortlist of those types of plays. It would be PBSR 2.0 where clutch playmaking is tracked and inferred with respect to game state, rather than just looking at basic stats per 10 or w/e.

There are entire classes of algs that do this.

Good luck on your quest!

I thought sr was for helping you get matches with people of the most similar skills to yours, not (re)ranking you (whatever that means) or helping you climb…50-50 win/loss is perfection, that’s what you strive for in ranked, and how you improve.

I’m not gonna get into this, cuz I never personally had problems with smurfs. I either never notice them, or if I ever did meet a player way above my rank (which was mostly in qp rather than comp) I’d still find that a better challenge than some dumb trash player from my elo.

What is this? Are those real words… Lol?

you troll