Does Junkrat do too much damage with low aim skill?

So the question is

Do people think Junkrat does too much damage with low aim skill (also this isnt pejorative usage of low aim skill)?

All heroes in OW require skill but some heroes are low aim skill. Junkrat takes skill but is a low aim skill heroes. Now this isnt Junkrat shaming. I played him-- even played him for a massive winstreak in season 3. Probably play him if I start comp again because of his damage.

Kaplan said they would keep an eye on him, he has torn up OWL (some fights only being won because of him) and they nerfed his charge. Along with some Junkrat mains and one tricks said the changes made him too strong. Some pros also have mused on this too.

4 Likes

7 Likes

I forgot how to do those type of emotes.

Teach me the ways ole Genji :yum:

It only does Too much dmg with โ€œlow aim skillโ€ against bad teams.

Junkrat is actually is a heavy aiming reliant hero.

11 Likes

โ€œAiming is overratedโ€ :mouse:

5 Likes

Here you go!

1 Like

He does too much bloody damage, period.

1 Like

Nice bait every one knows all you have to do is be facing the general direction of a choke to hit opponents with junkrat. His pills have a HUGE hit box theyโ€™re like 2x the size of the actual model.

2 Likes

Lul DarkCat you a Junkrat main. You coming at an angle

2 Likes

You 2 should actually try to aim with him, Spam only Junkrats are a joke, they are way to easy to kill, a Junkrat that knows how to aim those nades is a nightmare

And i know that because i main the hero, and i have played against both Bad Junkrats and Good Junkrats

6 Likes

As I said low aim skill not high aim skill. Low aim skill is still valid. We are talking about his damage being too much-- previously his charge allowed him to do 240 damage a second. They dropped the charge for a reason.

1 Like

Yes it is easy to kill a Junkrat behind 2 walls and half way across the map spamming his nades onto the point. Youโ€™re right. #NoBias

People always say this but I am pretty terrible at Junkrat. He takes more skill than the forums would have you believe.

3 Likes

People complained that the mine took no aim to get valuable damage out of.

They added falloff to ensure that only accurate junkrats would be able to reap the full potential of a mine.

In order for Junkrat to kill a 200 hp hero he needs a well aimed nade follewed by a mine or vice versa.

He requires aim to be consistent with it. That or a really oblivious enemy team walking in straight lines through a choke.

4 Likes

I just noticed that youยดre Plat so is understandable that you have a hard time against Bad Junkrats (especially with the type of โ€œteamsโ€ you get at that rank)

I said low aim skill not utterly aimless

โ€œYes my rank is higher so my point is more valid then yoursโ€ weakest comeback ever. Actually give us a reason why Junkrat isnโ€™t a low skill no aim required hero.

If people had as much skill as they demand junkrat players have then they would outperform him on heroes like mccree, genji, tracer, etc etc.

Singling out junkrat for explosive plays in owl is silly to me. Iโ€™ve seen Zen carry a game. Tracer routinely carries owl games. In fact you canโ€™t even be considered a good team if you donโ€™t have a world class tracer. Iโ€™ve seen winston carry. Iโ€™ve seen dva carry. You watch owl and you will see people pop off. Thatโ€™s why we watch right? I donโ€™t get people who see a pro player pop off in owl then come to forums to ask for nerfs to his class. Maybe if some gold junkrat was destroying in owl iโ€™d get your point but that isnโ€™t the case.

3 Likes

I still donโ€™t know how to do it haha.

No charge falloff is range wise. So if you chucked the charge from a distance you couldnt hit max damage them. Now you have to hit them close range. Close range which is where he is hugely beneficial. He can delete people faster and do splash damage more then Reaper who meant to be supreme close range. Previous charge without the falloff gave massive damage from afar which totally screwed McCrees for example who are medium range or McCree meant to be medium range expert.