Does Dragonstrike Need a Nerf?

Oh, yes, one of the hardest to use ultimates is definitely in need of a nerf. I cannot imagine they balance literally anything else that causes the problem… It is Dragonstrike, the ultimate that you can sidestep.

They might as well just buff Lucio and Zen’s ultimates so that you can survive in a grav for free. Honestly, I just wish Zarya’s ultimate was actually the slowest charging. It is… at first, until she gets charge which seems relatively easy in this meta as I have been caught off guard more than a few times by Zarya having her ultimate before me. Back when I used old Hanzo, I could use 2 or 3 strikes before Zarya got her ultimate. Now, even bad Zarya earn it before I would be able to earn the third.

But Zarya’s grav could never be the problem with Zarya’s grav, as we already agreed to earlier. Dragonstrike is the real problem and the counter-play they are adding with Symmetta’s turret accounts for nothing because.

2 Likes

She can. She can use it to escape when in the grav or build it from a distance to the grav to help her team escape.

It’s quite cool when it works

Nerf storm arrows more.
PLEASE.
6 ARROWS WITH 70 DAMAGE.

You forget that Grav is the only offensive ult in the game that doesn’t directly kill people. It takes a lot of effort to build and to execute, and someone else has to follow up on it. Zarya can’t kill an entire team, if she’s alone. Unless they are beyond stupid. It was borderline useless to use. When the majority of the characters could escape.

How many things can screw with it. A lot of stuff. Zarya players have to kill key people. Before it can be used. While a stupid Junkrat tire can easily get 2-3 kills. Even deadeye can kill 2 targets, if snuck up on. Zarya can’t do that. Unless she’s flanking and has 60%, by chance. Than she’s not doing her job correctly. Unless the enemy is borderline stupid.

1 Like

It’s true that there are times where grav can be unavoidable, but I’d say that’s avoidable more than it isn’t.

D.Va should never be used as a solo tank vs. a Zarya, but she works well against her when she has another tank to help block for her. It’s only free ult charge if D.Va just stands and takes the beam. Gravs can be pretty realiably eaten by D.Va if you know when they’re going to be thrown. People usually telegraph ults like that. It’s the same way you know when Rein is about to shatter and such.

No counter play? Just shoot him

no it doesn’t. its easy to avoid

No, dragonstrike does not need a nerf.

Storm arrow and Hanzo’s projectile speed do need a nerf, though.

Tbh only nerf it needs is that the arrow of Dragonstrike not to go through walls.

Has anyone ever tried an Ana grenade + Transcendence? Or has that idea died before it was even suggested because Ana hasn’t been meta for 7 seasons.

Because whiny DPS players hate to see their hard work undone by the (in not all cases) careful planning of a 1-star support hero.
And because people love getting kills because it makes them feel tingly inside.

Problem-
Zarya counter D.va

Maybe it just increase the ult charge requirement so it isn’t so oppressive and dominant in game.

1 Like

The only thing that needs tuned (With his ult) is the charge rate., Right now with his over-inflated, easy to dish out damage, he has his ult twice a team fight (slight exaggeration depending on the length of the team fight)

1 Like

(I wont include ults that only provide extra hp or heal)

Supercharger valkyrie EMP Infrasight (not sure if I should include blizzard and whole hog as it technically doesnt directly kill people unless they were already at 100 or less hp, whole hog is a situational kill where it requires a cliff edge or sticking them to a wall, but than graviton surge than also is included in the list as evidenced by many reddit clips you can make multiple people fall to their deaths with a well placed graviton surge near a pit) Nano boost. lets count that list, 7-8 characters so zarya isnt that special in that regard

Supercharger Valkyrie Emp Blizzard Whole Hog Nanoboost (Infrasight isnt being included because god like widows yo), Molten Core, Earthshatter (unless the enemy is clumped up) Primal Rage, Dragonstrike, Coalescence.

Zarya ult isnt as special as you think

2 Likes

finally someone talking about a serf ti hanzos ult but i think it could use a nerf atleast where it can not go through walls and floors as i found it really annoying cause in one match it trapped a team i had right outside of the spawn point health barrier they got trapped in a hallway i dont find that right at all

It would be arguably the worst ult in the game if that happened

Meh, raise the charge cost by 15% and it should settle down normally

Nahhhh… grav and dragonstrike are perfectly balanced on their own. Its annoying that even trance can’t stop it but there are some counterplays that are possible. Spread out when you’re sure the enemy has grav, or try to kill hanzo first whenever possible. Or you could wait till sym is live, since she can teleport the whole team out of grav.

loling at the idea of anyone managing to get a teleporter up that would both transport the team far enough away from the Genji and get enough people through it fast enough to make it a ‘hard counter’. At best you’re going to have your team running and dying near the teleporter while he slashes them to ribbons, it’s so fecking clunky, and Genji is so mobile he’ll just be able to go over to the mouth of the teleporter and finish them off.

The line of sight teleporter is such bull.

I mean only the arrow he shoots. Dragons can still go through walls. Tbh it wouldn’t make it worst ult. With that change he might require some game sense and positioning to play, since he requires neither of them.