Does doomfist need a nerf?

i feel with his ability to just dive down and destry any immobile target with ease he builds too much sheilds per ability so he can make dumb suicidal plays and get away with it

thoughts?

3 Likes

Doomfist needs Sombra and Hog to be viable.

2 Likes

The game needs a hog buff

1 Like

He does not:

2 Likes

That is false. Even if you manage to avoid any of his abilities as Moira for example, by using fade, he can just use any of his other abilities and still destroy you. His cooldowns are way too short.

I played 4v4 yesterday on the Antarctica map, a Doomfist just flew over half the map using Rocket Punch, he then used Seismic Slam to land on me(Mercy), used uppercut to completely remove my mobility and just Hand Cannon’d me in the face.

You think that is balanced and “not that bad”?

6 Likes

When I play Moira I never feel oppressed by Doomfist, and I play in Mid to High Master. Using anecdotal evidence doesn’t really prove a hero is balanced or unbalanced.

1 Like

So the doomfist consistent topics have begun

That’s balanced and not that bad.

Would you have complained equally as much had Widowmaker launched herself in the air and headshotted you? How about if Hanzo killed you?

4 Likes

Doomfist needs to not have a one shot ability on a 4 second cooldown which is not only high mobility but also a CC, which is also on top of all his other CC’s :sleepy::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

No, he’s fine right now

4 Likes

This is my only gripe with Doomfist tbh.

2 Likes

I love the concept of a combo fighting melee hero like I love the way he’s designed and stuff but he can basically wipe half the team with no repercussions and even if he DOES die it doesn’t matter, half YOUR team just died. If Rocket Punch didn’t have the ability to one shot I would have no problem with him. And that’s coming from a severely loud and proud Doomfist hater.

buff hogs damage sip watch doomfist fall back to F tier

1 Like

No, he doesn’t. People complain that he has a one shot ability, but wont consider that you actually have to land the punch, which is already pretty hard to do ever since his hitbox got nerfed.

Then, you also have to factor in if theres a wall behind them. This isn’t even factoring in Zarya bubbles, boops, literally any CC…

No, Doomfist is fine.

Though, if he wants more reliable counters, Hog and Sombra would need something, especially Hog.

3 Likes

No, because they are snipers. The only issue I have is with Hanzo is that he’s really good close-combat.

The game I was referring to, on Ecopoint: Antarctica, I was standing behind a wall completely out of sight. I was standing on the upper part of the outside balcony thing of the house with the vehicle in its garage. The Doomfist was able to Rocket Punch himself past the tower in the middle and make an instant 90º turn onto me with Seismic Slam, combo’ing it with Uppercut and Hand Cannon me. A Combo that I can do absolutely nothing against as Mercy, and it just instantly killed me.

With my position, not even a Widow or Hanzo can take me out, only Doomfist. And it was literally within a few seconds after the game started. No, that is not balanced.

1 Like

Aha! As Mercy! Had you been another character you could have survived that.

This is like a Reaper complaining Pharah is too powerful cause she’s not close enough to headshot.

It’s a one shot ability to squishies only if they get punched into a wall for the full damage, stunning or CC’ing him during the charge time puts the ability on cooldown automatically and he does ZERO damage.

How can there be so many complains in this forums about the amount of CC in this game and yet none of it used to counter an ability that requires a 250 HP character the size of a tank standing still charging it for a while?

If you actually played the hero you would know that most of the time you use Rocket Punch for mobility and not to one shot people, and even if you do, the ability is still buggy at times, because often you can go straight through a target completely missing them, other times your target will just slide along a wall receiving no damage from the collision.

He is literally a hero that goes all in for the kill, often relying on using all of his abilities to secure a kill, while putting himself in the middle of the enemy team - he is EXTREMELY vulnerable to CC, even a boop from Lucio or D.va boosters can throw off his combos and make him generate zero damage and shields.

People will eventually learn how to counter him consistently.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realise you are one of those people who take arguments completely out of context, completely disregarding everything else. My bad.

You can try again if you want.

1 Like

A Brigitte main complaining about CC? My stars, I have bore witness to it all.

5 Likes

You must be confused accusing a Symmetra main for being a Brigitte main. I’m just gonna go ahead and flag your post as trolling at this point.

But to get back on what we talked about. Even if I played any other Hero with under 300HP, I would’ve been destroyed. Even a Brigitte’s Shield Bash can sometimes not avoid Doomfist’s Uppercut.

1 Like