Does Ashe have albinism?

Either she dyes her hair white and has naturally pale skin, (and red eyes but thats pretty rare with that disorder,) or she does.
Has it been confirmed yet? It wouldn’t surprise me.

She had white hair as a child so I doubt it’s dyed.

Her parents are rich - maybe she’s a designer baby.

9 Likes

Albinos are traditionally presented as being very pale (paler than Ashe) with pink/red eyes and bleach blonde hair. Not saying that’s how all or even most of them look, but if Blizzard wanted to portray albinism through Ashe, I feel as though it’d be more evident than this. Ashe probably has white hair and red eyes simply because they wanted her to stand out.

3 Likes

She has animeism.

(post must be at least 20 characters)

7 Likes

She has dark eyebrows and I don’t think an Albino would be comfortable being in the sunlight like she was in her short. If she was an Albino it would have been focused on

1 Like

It’s more likely that she had her appearance altered. It wouldn’t surprise me if the tech exist to make hair grow another color in the Overwatch world. And eye changing technology already exist.

It’s probably from her rebellious days.

2 Likes

Thats a probable answer although as seen in her origin story she was seen as having her current hair and eye colour maybe she had those alterations before then? idk

It is possible that she has a form of selective albinism. But if she comes from a wealthy family her appearance would almost certainly be optional. A girl like that doesn’t grow up to look like an anime antagonist unless she wants to.

2 Likes

albinism also carries sight problems with it. She’s not using glasses and she also has dark brows. she is also not really pale if you’ve ever seen someone with albinism in real life.

1 Like

I have traits of albinism (as well as my brother). It’s not the same for everyone, but I am able to be in the sun as much as I choose too. Since I am a sunscreen fanatic (because I want to avoid freckles), my skin would probably burn pretty quickly. My brother on the other hand grew up without the use of that much sunscreen, so his skin last much longer in direct exposure to the sun than mine does. We also both have bleached looking blond hair (but it doesn’t actually look like we bleached it), and blue eyes. Skin tone is the same as Ashe’s, too. During the winter, our hands and feet my get a little red, though.

Edit: I wear glasses, but my brother does not. My eyebrows are also brown.

3 Likes

Yeah and in the future there are probably more advanced eyesight corrections and treatment