Does anyone remember the days?

When you could suicide hog by hooking someone off the map together? I remember.

Now its your turn, what do you remember? :grin:

Is that no longer a thing?

3 Likes

You can still do it, but it is harder to pull off.

1 Like

I remember when the worst thing people complained about was McCree’s right click being too strong.

3 Likes

Most of the time the hook will break because you will probably be off map by the time the hook lands. In other words LOS.

1 Like

hmm old days plain of bugs but not like today’s toxicity

2 Likes

i mean todays OW has a plentiful bounty of bugs as well. This coming from a Rein/Hog main. Every patch is one step forward and two steps back in terms of bug fixes.

1 Like

dude i know i just missed these days

I did that a few months ago.

1 Like

When there was no comp & hero stacking… ahh bliss

1 Like

That’s great XD. What I was referring to is when you jump off the map and bring someone with you. It was stupid but hilarious XD.

When there was no hero limit, when 2 people on the team pick the same hero and then eventually the entire team would be that hero… yeah I definitely don’t miss that.

3 Likes

I remember hiding close to a door and still getting hooked even if covered by the wall.

The good old days of hook 1.0 in 2016. Not missing it at the slightest.

2 Likes

I remember when Bastion was considered OP…

That’s funny now.

2 Likes

I was going to reply with a very long post, but… i think i may turn it into my own thread on this subject (If i don’t step on anyone’s toes…)

But yes, i do remember the old days… The days of this:

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/a/a8/Heroes_never_die!.mp3

And when the Music on the main menu gave me goosebumps…

As i will state in my thread (If i ever make it) This was my FIRST Fps.

I literally remember being genuinely nervous. Yes. Nervous, entering the Tutorial for the first time…

And, i was on Console, so… I sucked.
I was even concerned that i wouldn’t be able to play well enough to have fun, and… Got worried that the game, (Which was a gift) Was a waste of someones money spent on me, because… I was bad. But i digress.

It. Was. EPIC.
I slowly began to learn the controls of an Fps, the tactics, the strategy… I fell in love with it, and it’s heroes.

Specifically my favorite hero of the entire roster… My friendly robot, who would never let me down, as he took mechanical skill, and i used to think… That as long as i improved, i could master my hero someday.

And Just look at us now. :confused:

2 Likes

I remember people not complaining up a storm and throwing over a hero pick they didn’t like… Those were good times…

1 Like

I remembering entering Comp for the first time in Season 3 on my old PS4. I was late to the party but booooy did that music scare/excited me to the bone (Still does in a way lol)

Poor Bastion. He’s still cute though xD I remember playing BETA and constantly hoping for PoTG. I mained D.Va and actually still remember when I figured out how to “slide” D.Va’s exploding Mech later down the road so I wouldn’t get killed by it xD

2 Likes

In a way, the comp music scares me more nowadays…
(Mainly because of a bad experience from my past)

X3 I never got to play Beta… i actually hugely regret not even trying to…
But all i know is, it was the beginning of something… Amazing…

I ran out of likes, btw… I would be handing them out like cookies, but…
Here ya go: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Haha yes… I’m sorry you had a bad experience with it :pensive: Indeed, Comp is nothing but toxicity so I can link that connection up!

Beta…my gosh I still remember downloading like yesterday. It’s funny because I saw the short “Alive” like a week before the beta and thought “It’s a sign!” lol I heard of Blizzard but had no clue who they were xD. I knew they made WoW and that was it lol

It was indeed awesome and fun. Everyone was excited, nice and things were just so fresh! The way you could play all 23 heroes was amazing! Literally pre-ordered within the first 10 mins of playing. The only unique FPS I enjoyed c:

Aww, thank you for your likes lol Have a like back :heartpulse:

150 health Zenyatta was pretty funny,
Oh and 150 body-shot widow…
And 6 Winstons in the coin flip meta
Thank God they fixed all of that

1 Like