Does anyone miss shield gen?

Old Sheild Gen was so good Blizzard I want it back :sob:

It was definitely one of my favorite ults.

Probably my #1 favorite, even.

When shield generator was filling it’s own little niche by itself I thought it was a well balanced ability that had a fair amount of strategy behind it.

Now with the crowd control/survivability creep we’ve seen over the last 4-6 months, I can say that shield generator would only make the game more of a chore to play than it already is.

I get the feeling they have a
S
H
I
E
L
D
Generator

Tracer’s would just Pulse bomb it and rewind.
Genji players rarely came near the Gen/TP.
Genji players typically swapped to Sombra for (at the time) really fast EMP buildup kills on the TP/Gen and it’s nearby turrets.

I didn’t like it much.
Some characters had way too easy a time killing it and the inability to reposition it was really stupid. It was just a “win harder” mechanic, like Torbjorn’s armor.

(not with the 300 Damage nerf. SG would survive)

That was after the Sym rework though.

The nerf was slightly before the rework I believe.

They had to nerf Junkrat’s “I got the feeling they have a shield generator.”

1 Like

SG was more reliable wins especially on Control Maps, but I love the new ult it requires much more gamesense to use properly but feels much more fun to use effectively.

My bad. Soz

No problem, it’s a while ago after all.

1 Like

The pulse bomb nerf came out right before the sym rework I remember because I had some very confused tracer mains after they tried to ult my SG only for it to survive

Maybe the nerf went to live before the rework, but we definitely got the rework before the nerf.

Yea I’m talking about live

100%

Sixteen characters

Phew`

i hate her current ult. I also hate her teleporter. I wouldve rather had shield gen as an ability for like 5 or so seconds and you gain 25 or 50 shields in that duration. in other words, i miss it a lot.

i dont think its better than her current ult. i will say, however, that i miss her old photon barrier a lot more than shield gen.